Buffalo Bore Short Barrell .357 - Page 2

Buffalo Bore Short Barrell .357

This is a discussion on Buffalo Bore Short Barrell .357 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, if my second box is the same as the first I am just going to hang on to them until Jim gets back from ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Buffalo Bore Short Barrell .357

Well, if my second box is the same as the first I am just going to hang on to them until Jim gets back from his trip. Hopefully He will swap them out for two boxes of cartridges with the speer bullets. I'm really just not a big fan of SJHP rounds.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Rollo, it might be time to start rolling your own. For the price of about 6 boxes of BB or DT, you can buy a nice single stage press and start cranking out your own at a fraction of the cost, and choose your own bullet and load. I cannot think of any logical reason not to since you obviously are a shooter and demand a certain performance level.
    You can shoot cheaper, and more often.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Rollo, it might be time to start rolling your own. For the price of about 6 boxes of BB or DT, you can buy a nice single stage press and start cranking out your own at a fraction of the cost, and choose your own bullet and load. I cannot think of any logical reason not to since you obviously are a shooter and demand a certain performance level.
    You can shoot cheaper, and more often.
    I have considered getting into reloading on a couple of occasions. While I consider myself a moderately intelligent person there seems like there is just SOOOOOO much knowledge that goes into reloading and I have always been a bit worried that I would end up blowing up a gun (or myself) because I did something wrong. Do you know of a good "Getting started" guide floating around on the internet?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

If you purchase the current Lyman reloading book it has detailed step by step instructions, as do most others. Reloading is actually very simple and a single stage press, while slower, gives the user more control and inspection of each cartridge. It is almost as fun as shooting. And there is a certain satisfaction in making your own ammo that is custom designed to your needs.

I would be more than happy to walk you through the entire process, and give you my number and email address if you decide to do it. You can save alot of money, and I will make sure you get started out in the right direction. If you can drive a car or cook a meal, you can reload ammo.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Cool

I like Speer Gold Dot bullets and use them in all my handguns for as Col. Cooper refered to it "social work".

I do not reload so to be sure I get what I want I buy Speer factory ammo.

Never a problem in thousands of rounds.

For my SP-101 I use the below round.

photo.jpg

Ammunition To Go : 20rds - 357 Mag Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel 135gr. HP Ammo [23917] - $26.95

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    If you purchase the current Lyman reloading book it has detailed step by step instructions, as do most others. Reloading is actually very simple and a single stage press, while slower, gives the user more control and inspection of each cartridge. It is almost as fun as shooting. And there is a certain satisfaction in making your own ammo that is custom designed to your needs.

I would be more than happy to walk you through the entire process, and give you my number and email address if you decide to do it. You can save alot of money, and I will make sure you get started out in the right direction. If you can drive a car or cook a meal, you can reload ammo.
    I very well might take you up on that. Do you happen to know of a getting started list of basic equipment like press+ whatever else you need to get started?

Rollo Cabela's has just about everything you need in one package by RCBS.

Cabela's: RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Reloading Kit

with the RCBS kit all you would really need to pick up is a vibratory case cleaner.

Hornady also has a stater kit @ Cabela's

Cabela's: Hornady Lock-n-Load Classic™ Reloading Kit

With this kit you would need to pick up a powder scale in addition to the vibratory case cleaner

Both have rebates RCBS is a cash back rebate and Hornady is a x ammount of bullets free rebate.
    Kahr CW9, Sig Sauer P226 SCT 9mm, Sig Sauer P229 SCT 9mm, FNH FNP .45 Tactical
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

There are pro and cons to each. I prefer the Lee Anniversary kit. It has everything including scale and powder dispenser. I prefer RCBS dies, but they do not come with the shell holder for the ram like Lee dies.
    All in all, it really is not important as they are all good, however I believe the Lee kit is the most complete. Just pick one and then decide what calibers you want to load, get the dies for them , a reloading data publication, and then we can start talking powder recommendations and primers.

I went with this kit from Lyman, and couldn't be more happy.

Cabela's: Lyman T-Mag II Expert Deluxe Reloading Kit

I use Lee dies, and I also use the Lee hand primer. Best of luck in your decision.

I'd buy a pound of Bullseye, or Titegroup. And maybe a pound of Unique. That should get you started powder wise, especially if you are going to load mostly .38 special and .357 magnum.

Just got my second box of BB ammo from Cabela's it has the semi JHP bullets instead of JHP as well. Cabela's is sending me a THIRD box (that's 2 boxes free so far). By the time this is over I'll have a case of this stuff...

Soon you wont need to reload. You will have enough stock from cabela's.

That Anniversary kit is great. I bought it and enjoy using it. Later I bought the turret press, but am switching back to the single stage. It takes longer, but I find it more enjoyable. I honestly was not very impressed with the turret presses. Mine works but its not for me. Besides I had fun with the single stage. That was lost on the turret.

I felt the same way about reloading. Was convinced my hands would be gone or something. If you search youtube there is a demo of the anniversary kit. It shows the whole reloading process. Once you have an idea a reloading manual fill in all the blanks. Don't make the same mistake I did. BUY A RELOADER. Do not wait any longer.

I have never thought about reloading defensive ammo though. I know some say lawyers will get you over it, but it would just be so much cheaper.
    Glockman, Do you reload you carry ammo?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links