Buffalo Bore Short Barrell .357

This is a discussion on Buffalo Bore Short Barrell .357 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has any one bought any of this recently? I just got a box in the mail from Cabela's today and while the box seems identical ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Buffalo Bore Short Barrell .357

Has any one bought any of this recently? I just got a box in the mail from Cabela's today and while the box seems identical to what's pictured in the BB website the bullet design is not. The bullet design on the website looks to be a complete jacket hollow point. The bullet that I got is a copper jacketed hollow point with a lead tip. I'm wondering if maybe the box was right but had the wrong ammo in it or maybe if the picture on the web site is wrong. I e-mailed the company buy apparently they guy who could answer the question is on a hunting trip until mid September. By that time I doubt Cabela's will take the ammo back.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I don't have the short barrel, I have/use the heavy 125s and they are as pictured on their site.

Can you post a pic? Did you order the Barnes bullet or other? What weight?

If you are concerned, I would send them back, you can always reorder.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

-It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

That def. is not the Speer that is shown here:

Tactical Short Barrel Lower Recoil Low Flash 357 Magnum Pistol & Handgun Ammunition

Looks to me like a nosler bullet as shown here:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=547414

I would wait till Tim gets back, and I would ask him if he would be willing to swap it out for you, cause there ain't no way in Hades Cabelas will.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    That def. is not the Speer that is shown here:

Tactical Short Barrel Lower Recoil Low Flash 357 Magnum Pistol & Handgun Ammunition

Looks to me like a nosler bullet as shown here:

Nosler Sporting Handgun Bullets 38 Caliber (357 Diameter) 158 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point Box of 250 - MidwayUSA

I would wait till Tim gets back, and I would ask him if he would be willing to swap it out for you, cause there ain't no way in Hades Cabelas will.
    Believe it or not Cabela's is actually sending me a replacement box and letting me keep the original at no cost.... I know...I'm amazed! I expected a fight when I called them but they were actually quite pleasant and apologetic!
    357and40 likes this.

Sure nothing wrong with that. I have never had a problem with Cabelas.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I have some and it is the speer gold dot bullet as shown, not what you got.

Interesting thread I found using a little google-fu

Buffalo Bore boasts bogus bullets? - TheFiringLine Forums

Buffalo Bore has been known to subsitute bullets made by Montana Bullet company in place of Speer Gold Dots. Thats why I only use Double Tap Ammo. On any given day you can call and talk to Mike McNett the owner. You get exactly what is advertised.
    357and40 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Buffalo Bore has been known to subsitute bullets made by Montana Bullet company in place of Speer Gold Dots. Thats why I only use Double Tap Ammo. On any given day you can call and talk to Mike McNett the owner. You get exactly what is advertised.
    Umm....Mike has been known to do the same thing. There was actually quite a to do over on the Glock Talk "10 Ring" Sub-Forum about this a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    Umm....Mike has been known to do the same thing. There was actually quite a to do over on the Glock Talk "10 Ring" Sub-Forum about this a while back.
    When he did, it was advertised as Montana Gold. I have the box. Not Gold Dot. And , I dont frequent Glock Talk, dont care much for'em.
    Much misinfo passed on the inet. Umm....when you have the box with the wrong bullets, thats pretty good proof and not just talk.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Im annoyed mainly because there is a pretty big difference. I mean seriously...the bullet type isn't even the same... JHP VS SJHP are totally different characteristics... I think that's my last box of ammo from BB.
    glockman10mm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Im annoyed mainly because there is a pretty big difference. I mean seriously...the bullet type isn't even the same... JHP VS SJHP are totally different characteristics... I think that's my last box of ammo from BB.
    If it didnt happen so often with them, one might discount it as a mistake. But they are getting quite a habit going on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    When he did, it was advertised as Montana Gold. I have the box. Not Gold Dot. And , I dont frequent Glock Talk, dont care much for'em.
    Much misinfo passed on the inet. Umm....when you have the box with the wrong bullets, thats pretty good proof and not just talk.
    Considering that Mike is a Moderator on the sub forum I mentioned above, you may want to check out that sub forum more often. Do agree with you about the mis-information/opinions over there. A lot of the same stuff goes on here too though.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Dang it, guess I'm going double tap for my next ammo order...
    When I saw that pic I went "Hey, those look like Federal SJHP!"
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links