Taurus "GOOD" customer service

This is a discussion on Taurus "GOOD" customer service within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I work at a gun shop and in the past few years we have sent guns back from a variety of manufacturers for many different ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taurus "GOOD" customer service

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar

I work at a gun shop and in the past few years we have sent guns back from a variety of manufacturers for many different reasons. And we all know about the taurus turn around time!! Well I am giving them a for there resent efforts. I have sent 4 back in the last 6 months One TCP that would miss-fire from the factory. One 22 revolver that was out of time from the factory. One that a customer needed a different sight because of personal needs, and one that a bullet blew up in the chamber damaging the mag and gun. Long story short not a single one of them took more than 2 weeks to get back. I am impressed with that time frame and hope that they keep it up.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

If only they would make them right the first time
    C hawk Glock and Brady like this.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    If only they would make them right the first time
    Exactly what I was thinking...

From what I have seen they are no worse out of the box than anyone else in there price range.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    From what I have seen they are no worse out of the box than anyone else in there price range.
    Boy that is saying something...... who else is in their price range that is worth a damn?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    But...why buy a low end handgun. There are some things I don't scrimp on price. A good bed, a good gun and a good woman and a good toilet. (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    But...why buy a low end handgun. There are some things I don't scrimp on price. A good bed, a good gun and a good woman and a good toilet. (lol)
    I do agree myself I was just putting it out there that taurus takes a beating sometimes a little more than they should.

One of my LGS's says Taurus & Rossi are both underrated due to past sins. He claims he has never had a Rossi customer complain about one of their revolvers." You pays your money and you takes your choice!"
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

For the record I love Taurus.

I have a Public Defender SS .45LC/.410( around 50 shot shells/slugs 0 FTFs) and a Duo-Tone PT-1911 .45 ACP (have about 300-350 through it and 0 issues).

I want a Taurus M85 5 shot .38 Spec+P and a PT145 .45 ACP and this thread reasures me.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
    (Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    I am impressed with that time frame and hope that they keep it up.
    Sorry for your problems but it is always nice to hear something positive about a manufacturer. Thanks for posting.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I had a similar experience with Taurus CS as the OP, two week turnaround, problem repaired.

YMMV,
    boomer
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. - Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PairA10s View Post
    For the record I love Taurus.

I have a Public Defender SS .45LC/.410( around 50 shot shells/slugs 0 FTFs) and a Duo-Tone PT-1911 .45 ACP (have about 300-350 through it and 0 issues).

I want a Taurus M85 5 shot .38 Spec+P and a PT145 .45 ACP and this thread reasures me.
    If this thread reassures you, then read the hundreds on DC saying the opposite......
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    My son recently sent back his PT140 and it came back in 2 weeks and works like it should.

LOL !!! Taurus bashers love threads like this, gives them more ammo in their crusade.......just kidding. God Bless

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Low end price...?

Seems to be just as many complaints about the higher end also, from Glocks to Sigs to Kimbers to S&Ws to...
    Eagleks likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links