Firing Pin Positioning Pin Coming Loose

This is a discussion on Firing Pin Positioning Pin Coming Loose within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; All, I would appreciate a bit of advice on something that I've noticed with my SIG P239. Hopefully I can get some help with this ...

Thread: Firing Pin Positioning Pin Coming Loose

Firing Pin Positioning Pin Coming Loose

All,

I would appreciate a bit of advice on something that I've noticed with my SIG P239. Hopefully I can get some help with this one...

I've noticed that while firing the Firing Pin Positioning Pin (Item 7 in the SIG exploded diagram) has a tendency to work its way out to the left side while firing. I'd say it starts to move out after about 25-30 continuous rounds.

My question is what I can do about it and how serious of a concern it is. It does not move without force being applied, so it's not falling out by itself, but it's working its way out while firing. I'm sure it wouldn't be a good thing to have it work itself all the way out while firing... I'm just not sure what I can and should do about it.

Anyone with any experience in these matters care to lend their thoughts?
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    mine is a 1st gen p-239/40 with upwards of 3k rounds. not had a problem other then the left grip screw works loose every 100 or so rounds. though have never taken mine down to that level, i am thinking that it may help if you reverse it before inserting.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

BIG DISCLAIMER I am not a gunsmith

This looks to be a simple roll pin. I'd remove it and open it up a bit by carefully inserting a small punch or something.
    The increased diameter should help it hold better.

however, I am not a gunsmith I was brought up juryrigging stuff and making things work. I'd ask an experienced gunsmith before taking my advice.

Distinguished Member
    If the pin is backing out it should be replaced with a new one. Is this a new or used gun? If it's used it's possible someone tried reusing the pin after a teardown which isn't recommended by SIG.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    If the pin is backing out it should be replaced with a new one. Is this a new or used gun? If it's used it's possible someone tried reusing the pin after a teardown which isn't recommended by SIG.
    Okay, I'll give SIG and see if they can send me one and give me an opinion on it as well. The gun has only had one owner previous to me, another forum member here, and I'm not thinking he would have done something like that but I'll check with him.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Links