I give up on a 9mm - Page 3

I give up on a 9mm

This is a discussion on I give up on a 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If not the Gen 3 in Glock G19, I would stick with a Ruger p95DC polymer frame. It's probably tougher than the Glocks and I've ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: I give up on a 9mm

If not the Gen 3 in Glock G19, I would stick with a Ruger p95DC polymer frame. It's probably tougher than the Glocks and I've never had a FTF or problem with 3,000+ rounds downrange. They eat any ammo and the mags are about $13 for Hi-caps. All edges rounded off, more accurate and not nearly as blocky as the Springfield XD (I shot one and boy am I glad I didn't get one..the accuracy really falls off after about 15+yards. Overall, the Glock is more accurate because of the hexagonal rifled barrel, but you cannot shoot lead through it without risking an explosion....The Ruger is about $250 cheaper too.

Honestly, if someone can't find a flavor of 9mm that suits them, they aren't looking very hard. Probably the widest selection of any handgun caliber ever made.
    DefConGun and TN_Mike like this.
    كافر AMERICAN INFIDEL كافر

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Should I give up on finding a decent 9 and get the obligatory 1911?
    Yes!
    I don't need more competition for buying cheap 9mm. ammo.

Seriously, you can't find a good 9mm.?

Kahr PM-9
    H&K P-30
    Sig 225/226/239
    EMP
    CZ-75
    Rohrbagh R-9
    Kimber solo.

Just because one get a bad name, doesn't mean they all are.

Don't forget CZ.

But I have to add my 2 cents. The scenario of having trouble with the reliability of the Glock or Springfield XD line up, and therefor switching to a 1911 platform, is a tad rare.

On top of that you did communicate that you do not want to pony up the cheese for the price of a 226.... Just an FYI, 1911's aint cheap. Especially the ones that function properly aint cheap.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    The new Gen 4s have spring issues, so you hear. I have not tasted the Kool Aid as of yet. M&Ps can throw issues (mine is back at Smith). Cannot pony up for a 226 right now, and am unsure of the 2022. XDs seem huge, blocky. Cannot find HKs around here, and USP grips are huge anyway. Should I give up on finding a decent 9 and get the obligatory 1911? I wanted a 9 for economy. I do like the feel of the Gen 4s, but I also like the feel of the 2022 SIG. Tell me and sell me.
    XDM Compact 3.8

XDm 9 Compact 3.8 - YouTube

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

VIP Member
    Take a look at th CZ75 P-01. It might fill the bill of what your looking for. I don't know of anyone who owns one, that has had any problems with them. Mine has over 5,000 rounds through it without a hitch.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I know the XD seem huge but they really aren't. And they are much more ergonomic than the Glocks IMO
    +1 my XDM is the same weight as a glock 17 and is much more comfortable to shoot.
    The only Difference between the vanquished and victorious is resolve.

Ignorance is correctable, stupid aint.

It's peanutbutter jelly time

Quote Originally Posted by Ceapea View Post
    How about a 1911 in 9MM?
    Yes! The EMP in 9mm is amazing. Another good choice is the CZ-P01. Very under rated gun. Rock solid, will eat any ammo you put in it, and can run in sand, dirt, mud, and anything else. It was also the most accurate gun I have ever owned.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    There is not a single manufacturer of firearms that does not have issues with at least some of the guns in their lineup from time to time. They are mechanical objects made and designed by humans. There are likely more 9mm handgun options available today than any other caliber so if you give up on 9mm's you are making a mistake and the reality is other calibers like .40, 45acp and .380 have just as many if not more issues than 9mm handguns. You would be just going in circles.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

My Gen 4 G17 has been 100% reliable so far.

Of course it is a newer one , not one of the first ones. From what I hear they redesigned the spring in the 9mm and the connector in all the gen 4s and the guns are good to go now.
    Randy Harris
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

TRAIN with me....http://www.suarezinternationalstore....px?find=harris

Smells of troll to me. Any gun can "throw issues". XDs big? Lol. M&p's not reliable? Lol. Wow.

Get yourself a H&K P2000.They are trouble free and have a great comphy grip.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Quote Originally Posted by TWO GUNS View Post
    Get yourself a H&K P2000.They are trouble free and have a great comphy grip.
    I carry the HK P2000SK and I love it. Fantastic 9mm.
    كافر AMERICAN INFIDEL كافر

I have a Gen 4 G 19 and have not had any issues. Mine came with a number 4 spring.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Just put over 300 rounds down range out of my new Kahr K9. Fits my hand perfect & since I mostly carry Colt & Kimber steel framed 1911's the little stainless steel Kahr feels almost like I'm not carrying anything.

Just handle a lot different 9's & one sure enough will follow you home!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links