Glock 23 ejecting brass into my face

This is a discussion on Glock 23 ejecting brass into my face within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So my new Gen 4 Glock 23 was ejecting brass into my face this weekend. I have around 200 rounds through it and five or ...

Thread: Glock 23 ejecting brass into my face

So my new Gen 4 Glock 23 was ejecting brass into my face this weekend. I have around 200 rounds through it and five or six came right back at me. It was ejecting them up, to the right and back over my head.

I tried Federal 180 grain FMJ, WWB FMG, Remington Sabre JHP and both 165 and 180 grain Gold Dot JHPs.

Thee was also a lot of brass marks around the ejection port so I think the brass casings were bouncing off the side of the port prior to clearing the gun.

I called Glock today and they are sending me a new recoil spring to try (I have the 0-3 spring now).

Other than that the gun is a tack driver.

P.S. I LOVE the new sights too

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    I have an 03 in my G17 and it's been flawless.......
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I have an Gen 4 G19 with an 04 spring and don't recall having an issues with brass in my face. Maybe you could practice dodging bullets while your at thje range as well. ; ) I haven't heard of the 03 springs causing brass in the face, keep us posted. 5 Glocks, no issues, they eat and spit out everything.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

My Gen 4 19 has been fine. BTW what sights did you add/get?
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Do you shoot right handed or left handed? If right handed, grip the gun in your right hand and compare the center of your wrist in relation to the centerline of the gun. Some people with short fingers tend to grip a pistol by rolling their hand around the grip in order to get a good purchase on the trigger face with their trigger finger. This puts the centerline of their wrist to the right of the centerline of the gun. When the gun recoils, it recoils up towards the 10 o'clock angle instead of straight up to 12 o'clock like we want. This puts the ejected brass right in your face since the brass is leaving the gun while it is angled up toward the 10 o'clock angle during recoil.

On the other hand, if the center of your wrist is for sure inline with the center of the gun and you still get brass in your face, your ejector tip may be bent down too low causing the brass to leave the gun at a higher angle than it should.

Grip the gun just a bit tighter and see if the problem doesn't disappear. Every time I've seen that so far, having a light grip is the cause (notlimp wristing)
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Quote Originally Posted by gigamortis View Post
    Do you shoot right handed or left handed? If right handed, grip the gun in your right hand and compare the center of your wrist in relation to the centerline of the gun. Some people with short fingers tend to grip a pistol by rolling their hand around the grip in order to get a good purchase on the trigger face with their trigger finger. This puts the centerline of their wrist to the right of the centerline of the gun. When the gun recoils, it recoils up towards the 10 o'clock angle instead of straight up to 12 o'clock like we want. This puts the ejected brass right in your face since the brass is leaving the gun while it is angled up toward the 10 o'clock angle during recoil.

On the other hand, if the center of your wrist is for sure inline with the center of the gun and you still get brass in your face, your ejector tip may be bent down too low causing the brass to leave the gun at a higher angle than it should.
    The brass is all over the place.......just a few in the face:) Some actually ejected to the left and some straight over head.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    My Gen 4 19 has been fine. BTW what sights did you add/get?
    Ameriglo Pro Operator

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by maddy345 View Post
    Ameriglo Pro Operator
    Thank you!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Sponsored Links