Anybody else have a difficut time converting from steel to plastic? - Page 2

Anybody else have a difficut time converting from steel to plastic?

This is a discussion on Anybody else have a difficut time converting from steel to plastic? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well those two IWI guns and 500.00 will get you a Glock! dont you just love a smart***?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Anybody else have a difficut time converting from steel to plastic?

Well those two IWI guns and 500.00 will get you a Glock! dont you just love a smart***?

I have an allergic reaction to any plastic or aluminum alloy guns so all-steel handguns will with see me through a lifetime of shooting.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Plastic guns for me. I carry enough stuff that weighs my pants down. I'll try to save weight wherever I can.

I look at it like this. If I woke up tomorrow and all my guns were gone, what would I buy again. That was a no-brainer. The only plastic guns I would buy again would be LCP for pocket, Kahr CW9 and LCR for IWB light carry and I would buy nothing but Sigs and 1911s. I have a P225 that feels so good in my hands that I want to keep it forever yet I dont feel that way about my plastic guns. I'm about to sell my FNP-40 to replace it with a Sig P229 Elite Dark and I havent quite decided on my next 1911. Yeah they are heavier but feel is everything to me.
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

I love my M&P pro but there is just something about metal frame guns I like even more.

i carry a semi compact steel frame mounted safety baby eagle but have plastic also . i found steel frame just works better for me .

South Florida, a Third World Country with Modern Conveniences
    "Anybody else have a difficut time converting from steel to plastic?"

Not in the slightest bit ...

The trigger pull and reset on both the Poly and Steel Baby Eagles that I have are virtually identical (baring near 8k rounds through my steel to wear the trigger in).

I know I have a flinch that I am trying to work out on the Poly, it's just taking more time than I thought.

Once the Poly gets reliable and I trust it and myself with it, my primary gets to go to the gunsmith for a hard chrome - brushed or bead blasted finish (I hate shiny pimp guns), as I see no satisfactory alternative for a finish that is not going to get cancer again.

Duracoat or Gun Kote are good, but both can scratch, ergo rust.

Yeah, all my problems may be in my head, but I just can't seem to get that grouping in the center.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member
    Flinching is a tough one. Dry-fire, dry-fire and more dry-fire. Then do more dry-fire.

Follow up shot problems are most likely linked to the flinch. Fix the flinch and speed up the follow-ups.

As for your grouping left, assuming you are right-handed, have you tried putting more finger on the trigger? It is possible you are just pushing. It has been my experience that lighter guns tend to be more sensitive to pushing/pulling on the trigger.

Good luck with it.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

VIP Member
    BTW, when you get that hard chrome job done, show us some pictures!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I like the feel of my 3-gen S&Ws better than my Glock, but I don't shoot either any better or worse than the other. So it amounts to what I want to use at the time.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    I'm also going the other way.... Metal and wood.... Alloy is okay with me. Plastic framed pistols have their place but not in my safe. Only polymer I have left is my p3at. Sold my XD and both of the M&Ps

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I do like a good/consistant single action trigger. I now carry my HK45c 80% of the time of late. Same capacity as my fullsize 1911 with about 15 oz less weight and so far eats everthing and not specific rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love to carry and shoot my H&K P2000 in 9mm. It has the LEM trigger so it shoot very nice. It is a heck of alot easyer to carry than my Colt 1911's. If I don't carry plastic I carry my revolvers.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

jyo
    I have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER shooting either poly pistols or 1911/P35 types---its just a gun---poly pistols ARE much lighter to carry/concel. They both have their place in the gun world. I regularly pack a Kahr CW9 or sometimes my Kahr P45.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links