Made Decision... Solved Capacity Issue (for me anyway...)

This is a discussion on Made Decision... Solved Capacity Issue (for me anyway...) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had been teetering on whether or not to do some dealing and go to a 10+1 45 like Taurus 145 or G30 but I ...

Thread: Made Decision... Solved Capacity Issue (for me anyway...)

I had been teetering on whether or not to do some dealing and go to a 10+1 45 like Taurus 145 or G30 but I just love my 1911. So after some deliberation and not having a lot of available funds I bought a 10 rd CM mag, it cycles perfect and the extra inch isn't any harder to conceal with the cant I use everyday... now I have the 10+1 in my prefered platform

I hope to pick up a couple more over the next couple months... problem solved, thanks Chip!
    "The greatest pride is to think you are humnble enough." CS Lewis

"Woe to those who call evil, good and good, evil." Isaiah 5.20

"Sin is a disguised form of insanity." Al Mohler

Another smart option would be two 1911s. This solves your problem quite nicely.

VIP Member
    I like 10 round mags for my P220 (normally 8+1). I use them as spare mags on my belt, though, not in the gun. For me they are just that little bit too much. I am comfortable with 9 on board and another 10 on tap.

Gald you found your solution.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Sounds like the right move and a wise one to boot...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I'm glad you found a solution to your issue.

Truthfully, I have never really been concerned with capacity. If I felt the need, I just carry a spare mag. I use Wilson 47D's that are only seven rounders.

But we all have to do what works for us, and sounds like you made a good choice.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    'Same as Gman, except my spare is usually super-sized (if you're gonna need the spare, you know you're really gonna need it).

I do like your solution, although you threw away a perfectly good excuse to buy another firearm.

I jut carry an extra mag for my single stack p239!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

I carry with 8 round Wilson in the pistol, 8 round or two in a mag carrier, and a 10 round Wilson in my cargo pocket.

Sponsored Links