New blaster! - Page 2

New blaster!

This is a discussion on New blaster! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Super good looking pistol, even a style that's 100 years old the 1911 still looks sharp!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New blaster!

Super good looking pistol, even a style that's 100 years old the 1911 still looks sharp!

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I carry it's twin with the exception of I ditched the FLGR for a GI and Plug and switched out the grips for some VZ's. I've been highly impressed with it, very tight, but smooth, accurate, reliable, and as pretty as a super model. I purchased mine to get it worked over and perfected, the only issue I have with it is that it's sharp as a razor. Which is better than being belt sanded into looking like a Glock.

Looks great hope it shoot very well indeed.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Looks great, I would really like one just like yours.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

OD*
    Beautiful Colt, congratulations!

Does it have the

"100 YEARS"
    -OF SERVICE-

rollmark on the right side of the slide? If not, it's probably not a 2011. If you call Colt (1-800-962-2658) with the serial number, they will give you the year of manufacture.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Beautiful Colt, congratulations!

Does it have the

"100 YEARS"
    -OF SERVICE-

rollmark on the right side of the slide? If not, it's probably not a 2011. If you call Colt (1-800-962-2658) with the serial number, they will give you the year of manufacture.
    The 1911 forum people were of the impression that the Combat Elite was one of two models that didn't have the "100 years of service" rollmark even for 2011 production. Can't remember what the other was offhand, though.

I don't have a ton of lunch money, but if you pack your lunch every day, you can save most of it!
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    The 1911 forum people were of the impression that the Combat Elite was one of two models that didn't have the "100 years of service" rollmark even for 2011 production. Can't remember what the other was offhand, though.

I don't have a ton of lunch money, but if you pack your lunch every day, you can save most of it!
    I'll be, I have not heard of Colt leaving the anniversary rollmark off some models? Colt will tell you the year for certain though.

Make sense if you think about it though, they would have to leave of the "Combat Elite" rollmarking to use the anniversary rollmark.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links