Bodyguard.380

This is a discussion on Bodyguard.380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a bodyguard 380 and was shooting the other day and had the laser turned on and on one of the shots the laser ...

Thread: Bodyguard.380

Bodyguard.380

I have a bodyguard 380 and was shooting the other day and had the laser turned on and on one of the shots the laser went off? Will not come back on, won't do nothing? Nothing "rattles" inside of it like somthin has come loose. So what could it be? I'd probably never even use the laser if I had to "use" the gun because it takes to much time to reach up and turn it on, but I want it to work! So I don't know what it could be, i don't think the battery is dead because it was working and was bright, so what are your thought? Should I take it apart and see or send it back? Also I want a revolver, I've never owned one and would like too (who doesn't want atleast one) so should I trade the "broken" .380 for a revolver? The bodyguard Never gets use unless I run sumwere and don't feel like putting on my holster I'll throw the BG in the pocket. But I can do the same with a revolver and I want one soo..... Let's hear ur thoughts,and opinions?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place
    glock 26- crossbreed ST
    SA micro compact 1911-crossbreed ST
    S&W m&p 9 crossbreed ST
    S&W bodygaurd 380
    S&W M&P15-eotech

2. Remove Ads

Call S&W Customer service and let them know and have them email you a FEDEX label. You can then box it up and send it to them on their account and you should receive it within 2 weeks. I hope this helps. God Bless

I'm looking for a pocket gun and have ruled out a revolver as too bulky. My dad has the LCR and loves it but he doesn't EDC. I'm debating between the DB9 and bodyguard .380. My EDC is a S&W .40 and their as stated above you can get a FEDEX label online and send it back.
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Don't open anything up! Don't put the cart before the horse, Jim. Send it back (if its under warranty) and get the problem resolved. Even if you want to trade it in on a revolver, you don't want to trade a malfunctioning gun and take a hit. Have the .380 repaired and then trade for a revolver (if that's what you want) and get a better trade-in value.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    Have the .380 repaired and then trade for a revolver (if that's what you want) and get a better trade-in value.
    Excellent point.

Revolvers are great (even if they are a little bulkier) because they are simple, boringly reliable, and if you get the right one it'll last you a lifetime.
    Personally though I would get the BG fixed and hang on to it for that once a week scenario when that's the only thing you can carry. It's a great little gun, but one that won't get you enough in a trade/sell deal for it to be worth it...IMO.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Links