Glock 19 Gen 3

This is a discussion on Glock 19 Gen 3 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the gun shop here in town the other day to order an XDM 9mm. I needed a 9, and this was the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Glock 19 Gen 3

Glock 19 Gen 3

I went to the gun shop here in town the other day to order an XDM 9mm. I needed a 9, and this was the best thing I have found. Fits all requirements, carry and competition. So I ordered it, should be here this week some time. The trouble is a carry gun. I have an M&P 357 SIG, a 229 E2 40, a Beretta 85 380, and will soon be the proud owner of an XDM 9mm. All are excellent guns, all are adequate for defense (not to refight the 380 war, just bear with me for a sec). But only the 380 can be comfortably carried IWB, at least by me and my wardrobe. And while I love my little Beretta, I prefer something bigger. I know there are many holster options that may make life easier packing one of the big ones IWB, but why buy another holster when I can buy another holster for ANOTHER GUN?? My guy here in town also has a Gen 3 19 with factory night sights. $550 out the door. Now THAT may just have to be the IWB carry gun. It does not fit my hand just right, but hey, it's a Glock. I have never owned one before. I don't think I have even shot one before. Probably just about everything else you would commonly see, but never a Glock. I do like feel of the 19 better than the 3.8 Springer, before you start in on me about why I got the full size instead of the compact. I guess I have never seen a Glock with factory night sights, either. I think it is a good deal for a good IWB carry gun chambered for a good defensive round (again, not to start another war). Should I snag it, or turn away? I know I can count on you guys to give me unbiased advice.

2. Remove Ads

I paid $499 for my glock 19 gen 3 with standard 3 dot sights brand new, I am not sure how much night sights go for but my guess is over $50. It is my everyday carry gun and conceals extremely well IWB with my Galco Royal Guard holster. Glock 19 is one of the finest fighting pistols made, you can't go wrong carrying one.

I carry a Gen 3 G19 everyday and I love it. I have factory dot sights as well. I carry it IWB in a CB supertuck. It is heavy at times but very comfortable 99% of the time. Just have to have tight-er pants and a good belt. My 17 has factory nights and I love those.

Night sights, good ones, are about $80 bucks. Then install which shouldn't be too much. (Unless you happen to have a Glock sight tool which is $100.)

Overall, if you have the cash, I would get it. You really can't go wrong with a Glock. Worst comes to very worst you can sell that thing for darn near close to what you bought it. Maybe take a little hit but not too bad.

Go Glock (although I love the XDM as well)

I bought a used G19 off Gunbroker last month for $398 but add ~$50 for shipping and FFL fees. $550 for a new one seems a little high to me, but I guess the night sights make that about right. Regardless, it's a great pistol.

Should I snag it, or turn away? I know I can count on you guys to give me unbiased advice.
    My advice isn't really unbiased as I'm a real fan of the Glock 19. I vote "snag it". I picked up my Gen 3 G19 for $499.00 in November last year. It has not disappointed me. The gun conceals well and carrys comfortably OWB. I don't place a big premium on night sights but I reckon if you like them and want them the $550 price tag on the Glock you mentioned is about right.

I just bought a glock 19 this weekend sold my mp40sc to get it ,been carryin it all weekend in an off brand cheapy holster iwb all weekend and it carrys very nice. Just remember to get some rounds through it before u carry it like u didn't already know that. I ran 80 rnds through mine sat carried it rest of the day then back to the range today for another 185 rnds . I learned the more u shoot a glock the better it gets and the more u like it. So I guess I'm sayin if you got the funds buy it up. I paid 499 + tax for mine standard sites.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I have a Gen 4 G 19. EXCELLENT gun!!!!!!!!!!!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

GET THE GLOCK 19!!!!

My EDC, HD, competition, and favorite range gun is my 3rd gen bone stock GLOCK 19. Never a failure (I had to buy some snap caps to simulate a failure for practice purposes) and it's a pure joy to shoot. The only modification I've even considered is XS big dots or some other night/hi-viz sight. I dropped close to $600.00 total on mine about 3 years ago at a gun show in a town with no real gun shop. I was excited to find one new and I haven't regretted it one bit. I carry mine in a CBST with A CB belt all day every day. Best damn 9mm pistol on the planet.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

If I didnt carry a 23 for duty the carry gun offduty would be a 19. The 19 is an excellent choice, and you will wonder why you need the XDM.
    eccoshoe likes this.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I'm considering getting myself a 19 to replace my Astra A-80 9mm. Excellent gun.
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

check out Steyr, which makes a glock like pistol only better. the S is smaller than a g19 and the M is a bit larger
    visit the steyr forum
    Steyr Club

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    I've been carrying a Glock 19 as a summer gun for the last eight years. I carry Winchester +P+ 128 grain ammo in it. Its comfortable to carry and the finish doesn't disappear becase of heat and sweat. Its a reliable and accurate pistol. I have first, second and third generation Glock 19s and I can't tell much difference in them as far as function or accuracy.

When Fall and Winter gets here I'll go back to my 1911s.

This is my 41st year of carrying a firearm every day that I leave my home.

Jungle Work
    Graduate: University of South Vietnam-
    School of Jungle Warfare

CURRAHEE My Brothers In Blood

Since the gen 3 doesn't fit your hand just right you may try the gen 4 with one of the extra backstraps. Just my .02

Looks like I have to get a Gen 4. I was telling a guy I work with about this gun. Said I think I will pick it up next month. He smiled and said "No, you won't." That SOB. He bought it about an hour after I looked at it. He is a really good guy, knows his irons. If this guy likes what I like, I guess I have good taste. Oh well.

I purchased my Gen 4 G 19 June 1st. It has performed flawlessly.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links