Sig Sauer 1911s?

Sig Sauer 1911s?

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer 1911s? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Titile says it all. Who has one? Are they typical Sig Excellence? They have some very nice "starter" models. I have cut my teeth on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer 1911s?

Sig Sauer 1911s?

Titile says it all. Who has one? Are they typical Sig Excellence? They have some very nice "starter" models. I have cut my teeth on DA Autos, and enjoy shooting the occasional 1911, but have never had them money to buy something not utlity oriented. I would like to start not too high end but not GI spec with the old rudimentary sights and whatnot. I would like Novak style sights big beavertail, etc. I have been looking at their XO model.

My wife recently shot a friends 1911s, and fell in love. She thinks we now need one and I going to try to strike while the iron is hot...

Here is what I am looking at.

Sig Sauer 1911 XO 45 ACP - Nitron - 2 Mags NIB : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Looks fairly typical fo ra 1911. I would recommend one that has been around a bit longer. Kimbers can be found reasonably priced and are great (I heart mine). Congrats on the wife loving the 1911. My little lady loves the look and ergos on the 1911 but I don't think she is too fond of it in a .45 so might get her one in a 9mm.
    • We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

SIG has been making 1911s for a decade or so now, plenty long to have worked out their issues.

One thing to be aware of with most of the SIG line is that the slides have a thicker, squared contour unique to SIG and don;t fit in a lot of standard 1911 holsters. They recently came out with their "Traditional" series that have slides with a normal 1911 contour so they fit in any regular 1911holster. I recently bought a SIG 1911 Traditional Compact and I'm very happy with it. It's a lot of gun for the money, very accurate, and feeds everything.

BTW, I bought my gun from Osage County Guns, the same outfit listing the gun you posted. They are great folks to deal with.

“Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Administrator
    I do not own one, but I have played with a few. IMO, they make some nice 1911's, as nice as any other main stream manufacturers.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by WC145 View Post
    SIG has been making 1911s for a decade or so now, plenty long to have worked out their issues.

One thing to be aware of with most of the SIG line is that the slides have a thicker, squared contour unique to SIG and don;t fit in a lot of standard 1911 holsters. They recently came out with their "Traditional" series that have slides with a normal 1911 contour so they fit in any regular 1911holster. I recently bought a SIG 1911 Traditional Compact and I'm very happy with it. It's a lot of gun for the money, very accurate, and feeds everything.

BTW, I bought my gun from Osage County Guns, the same outfit listing the gun you posted. They are great folks to deal with.

That is a beautiful gun. I have been looking at Sigs too and it looks like they put a commander slide on an officer frame (smaller looking grip) is that the case?

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    That is a beautiful gun. I have been looking at Sigs too and it looks like they put a commander slide on an officer frame (smaller looking grip) is that the case?
    Yep, it is CCO sized - 4.25" commander slide/barrel & Officers size frame, my personal favorite size 1911 for concealed carry. It's a lot of gun for the money and it has some nice touches that similar guns selling in the same price range don't - both the slide and frame are forged stainless steel, night sights, checkered front strap and MSH, etc. They're worth checking out if you're looking for a solid 1911 for carry at a "reasonable price" (1911 world reasonable), mine was just over $870 including shipping, insurance, and a 3% credit card premium.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Yep, it is CCO sized - 4.25" commander slide/barrel & Officers size frame, my personal favorite size 1911 for concealed carry. It's a lot of gun for the money and it has some nice touches that similar guns selling in the same price range don't - both the slide and frame are forged stainless steel, night sights, checkered front strap and MSH, etc. They're worth checking out if you're looking for a solid 1911 for carry at a "reasonable price" (1911 world reasonable), mine was just over $870 including shipping, insurance, and a 3% credit card premium.

Sounds like a Bud's buy
    • We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    Sounds like a Bud's buy
    Osage County Guns off of Gunbroker.

Osage County Guns off of Gunbroker.
    Might have to add a new site to my favorites
    - George Orwell Military

They have the XO model I am looking at currently for 689...

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I am getting a 1911 soon, and have been looking at some SIGs, one thing I noticed from online, is they look more square then a normal 1911 on the barrel???

They have a blocky looking one and a traditional looking one too.

Distinguished Member
    Just bought one this summer, STX. Beautiful. Good advice above, especially on holsters. First 1911 I have owned.

1. It was hard to believe I was shooting a .45.
    2. The smoothest action ever.
    3. Creepy dead on accurate from the gitgo.
    4. Only complaint: the rear sight sucks - straight line illumination vs. two dots. Plus, there WAS no illumination. In the darkened range I kept looking for the notch to line up the front sight.

Oh, and it's just me, but I am not a fan of gnarled wood grips. Put a set of Hogues on as soon as I got it.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Thats encouraging...I like the XO, but for relatively little more money, I may even step up to a TacOps.

VIP Member
    I had a Sig 1911 RCS that ran perfectly. No feed issues with it at all. Regreted selling it, but needed the cash.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links