Sig 210

Sig 210

This is a discussion on Sig 210 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anybody noticed Sig re released the 210? Maybe I just haven't been paying attention to it, but I just noticed that. It would make ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Sig 210

Administrator

Sig 210

Has anybody noticed Sig re released the 210? Maybe I just haven't been paying attention to it, but I just noticed that. It would make a fun steel or bowling pin night gun... Heck, it would make a dandy old school carry gun too.
    http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p210.aspx
    "Just blame Sixto"

Cool... then I saw the sticker price...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Holy cow... I didnt even look at that. I guess my CZ 75 will have to make due.
    RoadRunner71 likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Maybe next time around!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Yeah I noticed...but dang if they are not a tack driver. Pretty much all hand built. Definitely one of those old school guns that only those in the know know about.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    You mean sticker shock,unless those are 2100 kroners,or francs or whatever the swiss use fer money
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Given what other people pay for handbuilt custm 1911s, I think its not that unreasonably high. They are afterall hand built Swiss pistols. Not very many things mechanical out of Switzerland that are considered junk.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    Thankfully the price is un US dollars, not in the currency of the country where the P210 is being built. That, of course, would be the Euro, since the P210 is built in Germany...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

sweet gun, but cant afford the price. the P6 i bought will be sufficient in the meantime
    357and40 likes this.
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

Looks solid as a rock, and priced to match.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Thankfully the price is un US dollars, not in the currency of the country where the P210 is being built. That, of course, would be the Euro, since the P210 is built in Germany...
    I admit I am probably wrong on the current ones but, but werent the original ones made in Switzerland?

ETA:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIG_P210

I am correct the original guns were Swiss made. The new ones are German.

Looks sweet, and I'd say for a big Sig and 9mm fan, it would be worth it. It's not as bad as some shotguns are as far as price.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I'd love to have a SIG P 210.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Looks sweet, and I'd say for a big Sig and 9mm fan, it would be worth it. It's not as bad as some shotguns are as far as price.
    Well yeah... I'm a Sig and 9mm fan. I just can't decide if I'm a bigger fan of two grand in my hand. Separating me with my cash is like getting a twinkie out of the fat kids lunch box.
    Justified and ctr like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I am correct the original guns were Swiss made. The new ones are German.
    SIG is an acronym for Schweizerische Industrielle Gesellschaft, which means "Swiss Industrial Group". SIG built the P210 originially. When SIG started getting bigger than it could manage itself, the company partnered with a German manufacturer, J.P. Sauer & Sons. That resulted in SIG-Sauer, with Swiss -designed, German-built firearms.

I have yet to read any reviews on the new P210s, but the original P210 is an absolute legend for accuracy from a service pistol. If the new ones are similar, they are probably worth the price---certainly they deserve to be priced competitively with a high quality, match-grade 9mm 1911.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links