Just joined the 10mm club! - Page 2

Just joined the 10mm club!

This is a discussion on Just joined the 10mm club! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Great choice!!! gotta love the 10mm...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Just joined the 10mm club!

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Great choice!!! gotta love the 10mm
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    Welcome to Kappa Ten Mil.

I have a 29 that is a joy to shoot even when loaded with the hot stuff.

The 10mm round proves that 1mm really does make a difference. ;)
    You're so right. I kinda like my 11.25mm, and its been droppin' bad guys for a 100 years.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    You're so right. I kinda like my 11.25mm, and its been droppin' bad guys for a 100 years.

Indeed, but the 10mm would have been dropping them for the last 35 if there weren't so many wussies in the FBI. :p
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    A 10 mm has been on my list since the 80's.

Congrats!!!

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Welcome to the world of lightweight, versatility, and power. May I suggest Winchester 175 weight Silvertips or Double Tap as your commercial ammo choice?
    Yes, Thanks. Where can I buy the Winchester on line? What about Georgia Arms for the range?

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    Indeed, but the 10mm would have been dropping them for the last 35 if there weren't so many wussies in the FBI. :p

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I pick up ST's here and there. I suppose you can buy them online. Try Cabelas or any ammo online service. I don't know much about Georgia ammo. If I don't shoot Winchesters or DT's, i reload, which until recently was the only auto cartridge I reloaded for. If I were you, and didn't reload, I would just shoot the best stuff for the money I could afford, but I would start reloading as soon as possible.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

The caliber as we think of it, as in diameter, is not that significant from the 380, 9mm, 38/357, 40 and 45 range. What makes the 10mm so different is it's longer sectional density combined with the raw power it gets from the extra case capacity.

It is to the 45 acp what the 45 is to the 380.....well, not that bad, but you get the pic. It totally outclasses the 45acp.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    Yes, Thanks. Where can I buy the Winchester on line? What about Georgia Arms for the range?
    10mm Auto handgun ammo ammunition - AmmoSeek.com

AmmoEngine: 10mm / 10mm Auto, Instock For Sale Premium & Discount Ammunition, Ammo Deals

happy searching!

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    The caliber as we think of it, as in diameter, is not that significant from the 380, 9mm, 38/357, 40 and 45 range. What makes the 10mm so different is it's longer sectional density combined with the raw power it gets from the extra case capacity.

It is to the 45 acp what the 45 is to the 380.....well, not that bad, but you get the pic. It totally outclasses the 45acp.
    yup, I know the 10mm is in a class by itself....just givin' DG a hard time. I was at the scene of a shooting in Galveston, Texas several years ago when a deputy carrying a G20 dropped a guy with one round to the abdomen. Let's just suffice it to say.....the 10mm puts 'em down, and they ain't gettin' up. What a freakin' mess.

You made a very good choice. Try swampfox or elite ammunition also for the real power of the 10mm!

Okay now you've gone and done it... You guys are a bad influence... I'm like a kid in a candy store. It was you guys that caused me to purchase a .40 now its begining to look like a 10mm is a must have. I already know I need a .44 mag. Will it ever stop????
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

Good move to pickup up a 10mm pistol. The 10mm is the best handgun cartridge I've never owned. I've always liked the looks of it and have intended to play with a 10mm of some sort. Looks like handloading fun.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleycolt View Post
    You made a very good choice. Try swampfox or elite ammunition also for the real power of the 10mm!
    I've got 100 rounds of 200grain nuclear XTPs waiting in my safe. 1325fps. Smokin

I've read good things about Elite.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar

Nice sites, they do the shooping for you + give you the price/round. Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links