10mm 1911's

10mm 1911's

This is a discussion on 10mm 1911's within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I love the performance of the 10mm round, and the build of 1911's but just cant seem to find a carry-able (I don't like carrying ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 10mm 1911's

10mm 1911's

I love the performance of the 10mm round, and the build of 1911's but just cant seem to find a carry-able (I don't like carrying a full sized 5" 1911) in 10mm. Anyone got any suggestions/pics?

cmb
    Try kimber, I think cost wise in a commander size they may have a 10mm, only a couple of there models are made in 10mm and I am not a 100% sure of the commander size (4")

Why not full size, the girp will be the same on a 4" the only thing you gain (or lose) is the 1" of barrell!
    "The greatest pride is to think you are humnble enough." CS Lewis

"Woe to those who call evil, good and good, evil." Isaiah 5.20

"Sin is a disguised form of insanity." Al Mohler

Distinguished Member
    If you can find one of the old 10mm Dan Wesson CBOBs, that would probably be your best bet. But they're somewhat hard to find these days, and would probably go for a premium

I believe Fusion Firearms also makes a few carry-size models chambered in 10mm, including several bobtail commanders and a CCO model.

cmb
    kimber eclipse, stainless custom II, both full size, but a custom shop could probably get you what you want for the $$$... colt has brought back the delta elite also... try dan wesson, les baer, volkman, nighthawk and the other custom guys...
    "The greatest pride is to think you are humnble enough." CS Lewis

"Woe to those who call evil, good and good, evil." Isaiah 5.20

"Sin is a disguised form of insanity." Al Mohler

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    If you can find one of the old 10mm Dan Wesson CBOBs, that would probably be your best bet. But they're somewhat hard to find these days, and would probably go for a premium

I believe Fusion Firearms also makes a few carry-size models chambered in 10mm, including several bobtail commanders and a CCO model.
    Tip of the cap to you sir, the Fusion "1911 Fusion Custom Pro-Series, Officers CCO, Elite Package" in 10mm looks like exactly what I wanted.

Talk to DeadGuy. He's ordered a 10mm custom 1911 from Fusion and should be halfway through the production period at this point.
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Yep. Talked to Bob yesterday. It's off to Ion Bond in next shipment. 16 weeks down. Mine has a steel frame and not alloy to help with recoil in that small package with hotter loads

I don't know of any production 1911 CCO's out there. IF you can find a
    CBOB in 10mm it will cost you. Saw two today on GB. Other than a used CBOB or a semi or full custom build you will be left with full size...unless there are some older models out there that I'm unaware of.
    Tigers likes this.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    Yep. Talked to Bob yesterday. It's off to Ion Bond in next shipment. 16 weeks down. Mine has a steel frame and not alloy to help with recoil in that small package with hotter loads

I don't know of any production 1911 CCO's out there. IF you can find a
    CBOB in 10mm it will cost you. Saw two today on GB. Other than a used CBOB or a semi or full custom build you will be left with full size...unless there are some older models out there that I'm unaware of.
    I think I will be ordering in the next year! When do you plan on receiving it? Which exact model are you ordering?

What part of SC are you in btw... I am near the Clemson area

I'm getting the Pro Series CCO with various options on it. Pretty much started from the ground up with what I wanted. I'm probably about 6-8 weeks away from getting it. Average wait time on an ion bond model is 20-26 weeks or something like that. Stainless models he said were four weeks shorter on average. If you change your order by adding stuff or switching parts midway it can delay it even longer. You only deal with Bob Serva the owner. Emails and phone calls are answered by him alone.

Down near Aiken.

I'm getting the Pro Series CCO with various options on it. Pretty much started from the ground up with what I wanted. I'm probably about 6-8 weeks away from getting it. Average wait time on an ion bond model is 20-26 weeks or something like that. Stainless models he said were four weeks shorter on average. If you change your order by adding stuff or switching parts midway it can delay it even longer. You only deal with Bob Serva the owner. Emails and phone calls are answered by him alone.

Down near Aiken.
    Thanks. Would love to see pics and your thoughts once you get it. There's definitely some fire brewing to the smoke being seen in my mind :)

I just picked ip a Kimber Stainless Target II in 10mm for target and range shootin. You can always get a full-size to try the platform out with 10mm.

I just picked ip a Kimber Stainless Target II in 10mm for target and range shootin. You can always get a full-size to try the platform out with 10mm.
    Did you look into the possibility of getting a .40 S&W barrel, the conversion from 10mm to .40 seems to be pretty painless.

The Colt Delta Elite is AWESOME!!! But it's a full size.
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

To be honest, I really do not think the 1911 frame is a good platform for the 10mm in it's full power heavy loadings. Yes, the Delta Elite is out there, and the Kimber and DW make/s them. And probably with no more shooting then most will do, they may be alright. In my opinion, the shorter slide length of the Cmdr is really not a good idea. These pistols need to be built heavier to withstand slide velocity impact which can batter the frame on regular 1911 frames, and this adds weight.

I believe the CZ 97 is a better platform.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links