Grabbed a 9

Grabbed a 9

This is a discussion on Grabbed a 9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; XDM 9 came in today. Nice to buy a 100 round box of hardball for 22 bucks. I do love my M&P, but 357 SIG ...

Thread: Grabbed a 9

Grabbed a 9

XDM 9 came in today. Nice to buy a 100 round box of hardball for 22 bucks. I do love my M&P, but 357 SIG is an expensive date. My dealer here in town said he can get me into a Glock 19 Gen 3 for $475. Looks like I may have to do that. You know, up to this year I was a rifle guy. Always had handguns, but never got serious about them. Always had a permit, too. And was awful lucky that I never needed to use a handgun. Aside from the obvious reason, I never really focused on getting better. Now that I have gotten much more serious, I realize what an idiot I was. Carrying a handgun without really getting good and staying good is irresponsible. And stupid. I am probably not the only one who went down that road, but at least I am getting that worked out. Every month I get humiliated by some of the nicest guys (and finest shots) you would ever meet. I am getting much better at the game, but it seems to be a bit addictive. I haven't touched my long guns in months. And I have gone from three to seven handguns in four months, with a eighth soon to come. There may be better things to spend your cash on than guns, but I sure can't think of any.

I agree, this is a great way to have fun and spend money!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

It never hurts to improve your skills!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Keep up the practice
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    Practice is like money, there's no such thing as having too much!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

GM
    Congrats on the XDM! You are right, $22 for 100 rounds 9mm is not a bad price at all if it is decent ammo.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Sponsored Links