Sig P 250 vs Glock 36

Sig P 250 vs Glock 36

This is a discussion on Sig P 250 vs Glock 36 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was all set to purchase a Glock 36 for EDC. My son, in FL, has a friend that will sell me a new in ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 303british

Thread: Sig P 250 vs Glock 36

Sig P 250 vs Glock 36

I was all set to purchase a Glock 36 for EDC. My son, in FL, has a friend that will sell me a new in the box Sig P250 compact that has the conversion kit that allows one to shoot two different caliber's. The Sig is about $100 more.

I know many of you use the G 36 as your EDC. Does anyone carry the P250 compact? If so, what is your opinion of this particular gun?

I have a Sig Mosquito and a Gen 4 G 19. Both or excellent guns!

Thanks in advance for all who reply.

Mike
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I have a 9mm P250c that I use for carry. It has a better trigger than any of my other pistols. The P250 is DOA and the trigger may be hard to get used to but I believe it is the best value for your money. Don't believe the bad hype on the as 99% is not true.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    It might depend more on the weight difference between the 2. That would be 5oz. A glock loaded would weight less that the sig empty with the same 45 cal. Also the glocks trigger can be lightend a bit and smoothed for darn near no money but not made to light to cause issues . Why not just carry the glock 19 you have or a glock 26 as a smaller cc piece. Protecting your self is way more about hitting your target where you want to and getting a fast second shot or more if needed more than the caliber choice.

I really like my G36 for EDC, I shoot the G19 at range but don't like carrying it for EDC.

For me it was my choice of 45acp for EDC over 9mm.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

I have the p 250 in 40c 357c and sc and 9mm sc, very good pistol. have owned a glock 20 and 17. I prefer the ergonomics of the p250 also the 250 kits come with night sights.. and the metal mags of the 250 are also my preference. The caliber exchange kit run 200- 250 at sig site.. cannot go wrong with whichever you choose

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I have both, the Sig 250 compact (in 45 acp) and a Glock 36. My preferred carry, however, is a Sig 250 Subcompact in 40 cal (yes I own several 250s, and I absolutely love the platform).

The 250 compact you were interested in, you did not mention the caliber. It just so happened that I carried my Compact 45 all day yesterday; we ate out at a restaurant and I traveled most of the day and while I did notice a bit more gun on my side than the subcompact, it was not uncomfortable by any means. The 250 compact is actually about the same size as your Gock 19; perhaps a little thicker in the slide. If you don't like carrying the 19 you probably would not like carrying the 250 C. The 250 compact in 45 acp holds 3 more rounds than the G36, but, the G36 is considerably lighter and thinner.

I consider the 250 as a semi auto revolver, with the smoothest, lightest double action I have ever shot. But, the trigger pull is long and many people can't stand it. I like the fact that just like the Glock, there are no controls on the Sig to get in the way in an emergency. If comfort of carry is most significant, than the G36 has the edge. Again, my choice for what I carry daily is a Subcompact 250 in 40 cal.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I went shooting with a friend last weekend and he had a P250 in .40. After shooting it I offered to trade my Glock 19 for it on the spot. It was brand new out of the box and functioned 100% with every load we tried in it. Great shooting gun, off hand at 7-10 yards it shot Winchester 180 gr’s into one ragged hole. Perfect trigger pull for a double action.
    Unfortunately, he would not trade, so now I have another gun on the want list.
    vstromrider likes this.

Im digging the P250 2sum deal, with the switching fire assembly's. You in essence, have a gun for competition or range days, and then a gun you can conceal pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    It might depend more on the weight difference between the 2. That would be 5oz. A glock loaded would weight less that the sig empty with the same 45 cal. Also the glocks trigger can be lightend a bit and smoothed for darn near no money but not made to light to cause issues . Why not just carry the glock 19 you have or a glock 26 as a smaller cc piece. Protecting your self is way more about hitting your target where you want to and getting a fast second shot or more if needed more than the caliber choice.
    I do carry the 19. My thought was to add a 45 and rotate between the two.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    I really like my G36 for EDC, I shoot the G19 at range but don't like carrying it for EDC.

For me it was my choice of 45acp for EDC over 9mm.
    That is my desire as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    I have both, the Sig 250 compact (in 45 acp) and a Glock 36. My preferred carry, however, is a Sig 250 Subcompact in 40 cal (yes I own several 250s, and I absolutely love the platform).

The 250 compact you were interested in, you did not mention the caliber. It just so happened that I carried my Compact 45 all day yesterday; we ate out at a restaurant and I traveled most of the day and while I did notice a bit more gun on my side than the subcompact, it was not uncomfortable by any means. The 250 compact is actually about the same size as your Gock 19; perhaps a little thicker in the slide. If you don't like carrying the 19 you probably would not like carrying the 250 C. The 250 compact in 45 acp holds 3 more rounds than the G36, but, the G36 is considerably lighter and thinner.

I consider the 250 as a semi auto revolver, with the smoothest, lightest double action I have ever shot. But, the trigger pull is long and many people can't stand it. I like the fact that just like the Glock, there are no controls on the Sig to get in the way in an emergency. If comfort of carry is most significant, than the G36 has the edge. Again, my choice for what I carry daily is a Subcompact 250 in 40 cal.
    I was thinking that if I went with the Sig I would go with the 45. As I mentioned above, I have a Sig Mosquito. Do you have a sense of how the trigger on the Mosquito compares to the 250 compact?

Quote Originally Posted by 303british View Post
    I went shooting with a friend last weekend and he had a P250 in .40. After shooting it I offered to trade my Glock 19 for it on the spot. It was brand new out of the box and functioned 100% with every load we tried in it. Great shooting gun, off hand at 7-10 yards it shot Winchester 180 gr’s into one ragged hole. Perfect trigger pull for a double action.
    Unfortunately, he would not trade, so now I have another gun on the want list.
    Hope the time passes quickly. Waiting for new additions can, at times, take forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers View Post
    Im digging the P250 2sum deal, with the switching fire assembly's. You in essence, have a gun for competition or range days, and then a gun you can conceal pretty easily.
    Thanks for your input. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    I was thinking that if I went with the Sig I would go with the 45. As I mentioned above, I have a Sig Mosquito. Do you have a sense of how the trigger on the Mosquito compares to the 250 compact?
    Mwhartman,

Since you probably own the only Sig Mosquito that actually works, it may be difficult to get anyone to comment on the trigger pull. I have a lot of Sigs (my old LEAgency uses them exclusive). However, I traded a troublesome "custom shop" Sig compact 1911 for a new G36 (got $200 with it also from a dealer). The G-36 is perfect if you want a truly downsized 45 acp.

You will not be worry buying a G36.

Trooper Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Joe View Post
    Mwhartman,

Since you probably own the only Sig Mosquito that actually works, it may be difficult to get anyone to comment on the trigger pull. I have a lot of Sigs (my old LEAgency uses them exclusive). However, I traded a troublesome "custom shop" Sig compact 1911 for a new G36 (got $200 with it also from a dealer). The G-36 is perfect if you want a truly downsized 45 acp.

Trooper Joe

Thanks, that is my sense as well.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    I am not familiar with the Mosquito, but I can tell you that the trigger is key in the 250. People either love it or hate it. I started shooting 40 years ago, and I always had a preference for revolvers. I had a custom S&W model 10 that was worked over and had more than 10K rounds through it. The trigger was like glass. The trigger on the 250 is like a long revolver double action EXCEPT far smoother and lighter right out of the box. Even better than that old Model 10.

Try to find a place that rents one so you can try out the trigger.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Links