GP 100 Trade for XD 40???

This is a discussion on GP 100 Trade for XD 40??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Let's say you make the trade. A few months from now you will look back on the trade and only be able to think of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: GP 100 Trade for XD 40???

Let's say you make the trade. A few months from now you will look back on the trade and only be able to think of 1 word....Regret.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
    - Plato

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    FWIW, I really, really like the XD40. Mine shoots like a dream and fits my hand perfectly. On the other hand, the GP100 is a gun for life. I agree with the above post. If it were me, I would keep the GP100 and scare up the cash for the XD40.

Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

As others have said, I would not trade my GP100. Mine is one of my EDC's. If you really want the other gun, sell something else or save the money for it.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

To each his own, but I would keep the GP. IMO it's one of the highest quality, beefiest tanks of a revolver that you can buy. It may be different if I had neither of them and had to choose which one to buy. (depending on what I was wanting it for) But if I already had the GP I would just keep it and buy the other.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    it may not be a real concern, but I'd bet the Ruger will still be a reliable shooter 50 years from now (most likely much more), but the poly XD may not. Personally I won't trade any quality steel for polymer.

Then again if the Ruger just don't fit your hand, and/or you just can't shoot it right, it may need to find a new home.

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    I might trade, but probably would not. I've owned XDs and like them, but not well enough to keep them around.

As others have mentioned, the XD "gear" is next to useless. Would MUCH rather have a 3rd magazine!!

Around here, the GP fetches $50 to $100 more than an XD
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Thanks for the responses guys, there will be no trade, and now I'm thinking of taking the GP off the market.

Keep the Ruger for sure. It is a great gun. I personally would shoot a revolver over an auto any day. I own a GP100 and for target shooting .38 spec. is the way to go and .357 mmag for HP. SA pistols are great guns to but if you are not familiar with them go to your local range and see if they have one you can shoot. I made the mistake of trading guns once, If you don't know what the gun has been through it may be a bad trade for either party involved. My trade was BAD and i had to do major repairs even though it looked good.

I wouldn't trade a GP100 for anything out there. It's made to last a lifetime and then some.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

I have neither but I've shot both. For carry and defense I'd go with the GP. Would love to own one.
    Just my preference.
    And the old man said, "We'll see..."

I have two GP100s, a 4" and a 3" and would never trade or sell either of them. I'd be wary of someone eager to trade off a semi-automatic pistol. It might be a jamo-matic.
    It Is Easy To Be Brave From A Distance ~ Aesop

Keep your GP, they are one of the best revolvers on the market, definitely the strongest !
    I conceal carry my GP with no problem in a speed scabbard OWB holster. It actually conceals better than my Glock 21 and Xd 45 because it's slimmer.
    If you don't have intentions of geting in a shootout with a gang the revolver is plenty enough ! You can carry a couple of speedloaders too !
    I certainly do not feel undergunned with my GP ! The 357 Magnum is a 97% one shot stopper !

Outlaw Guns and Only Outlaws Will Have Guns !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links