Happy Retirement to Me - so I bought me a present - thank you.

This is a discussion on Happy Retirement to Me - so I bought me a present - thank you. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My Sig P229 (9mm) is only 1 week old. Today I attended my own retirement party put on by a great staff. Felt so good ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Happy Retirement to Me - so I bought me a present - thank you.

My Sig P229 (9mm) is only 1 week old. Today I attended my own retirement party put on by a great staff. Felt so good (sad, but good) that on the way home I bought myself a Glock 27. Happy retirement day indeed!
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT 9mm
    CrossBreed Super Tuck
    Glock 27
    Galco IWB
    SureFire E2D

Happy retirement! Congrats on the new pistols!
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

Happy retirement and have fun with all that free time with that new glock

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Administrator
    Congrats on the retirement. One day, I'll be there too. Maybe.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RomeoZulu View Post
    My Sig P229 (9mm) is only 1 week old. Today I attended my own retirement party put on by a great staff. Felt so good (sad, but good) that on the way home I bought myself a Glock 27. Happy retirement day indeed!
    Congrats on both the retirement and the G 27. I liked my work but I love my retirement. Hope you find the same happiness.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

sgb
    Congrats on both.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Congrats! Retirement is great, but you will miss the friends you left at work.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I told my daughter, I think I"m going to have get a job. She asked if I was having money problems or something. I told her "NO", I need a break and a vacation. We've been working on redoing a house completely and I mean everything ... even power lines, wiring, plumbing, etc. ... as well as a whole lot of other work on a farm my brother and I have (he's older). LOL. There is no "quitting " time, days are longer, and the work is much harder. But, we set it at 2 yrs to get it all done then relax. It's been just over 2 yrs, and we're not there yet. But we're very very close to being there.

Enjoy it. Congrats.

Next year, I'm spending most of it 1) on my motorcycle, or 2) traveling or .... 3) both.
    I bought a sports car and 'another' motorcycle for my retirement present.
    RomeoZulu likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Congrats on the retirement, you should have really splurged and got a 1911.
    RomeoZulu likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Congratulation on retirement and the Sig! I retired two years ago. I hope you enjoy your retirement as much as I've enjoyed mine.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Congradulations!!!! Try to stay in touch with the people from work who ment the most to you. We are social creatures and require that interaction to stop from talking to our selves.

And say "hi" to the OBX for me as sadly they won't let me come vacation there next week :cry:
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Congrats and bought two of the best.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Congratulations on your retirement...and your new firearms!
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Congratulations! Enjoy!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Very BIBLICAL: LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF. One MUST love one's self, sooooo.. ENJOY.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links