Picked up a EAA witness - Page 2

Picked up a EAA witness

This is a discussion on Picked up a EAA witness within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's one my friends over at m1911.org posted. http://www.savvysurvivor.com/tanfogl...unsmithing.htm...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16
    Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eastern Arkansas
    Posts
    1,382
    Here's one my friends over at m1911.org posted. http://www.savvysurvivor.com/tanfogl...unsmithing.htm


  2. #17
    Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eastern Arkansas
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by gregarat
    Im eather thinking of geting that, or the Glock 10mm.


    My wallet says Witness! But I want an auto for travel, and my future travel plans has alot of bad enviromental conditions for rust.

    Abit off topic: Does the the "Wonder" finish have better wear/ corosion resistance than stainless?
    Go with a GunKote or DuraCoat bake on finish, HardChrome or other really tuff finishes are out there.

  3. #18
    Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by gregarat
    Abit off topic: Does the the "Wonder" finish have better wear/ corosion resistance than stainless?
    I've never had any other Witness, so I cannot compare the two. However regularly wiping down the finish of any gun with a light coat of oil will help to keep the finish fresh. I haven't seen any hints of corrosion on mine.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

    The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

  4. #19
    Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eastern Arkansas
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by p8riot
    I've never had any other Witness, so I cannot compare the two. However regularly wiping down the finish of any gun with a light coat of oil will help to keep the finish fresh. I haven't seen any hints of corrosion on mine.
    +1 on that. I like wiping and petting my pistols anyway.

  5. #20
    Senior Member Array rachilders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    932
    Which model Witness is it? I have a Tactical II in 40 S&W and it is a VERY well made gun, with lot's of "extras" as standard (Novak sights, ported barrel, factory fluff & buff, etc). Probably the best fit and finish of any gun I've seen for under four figures. Straight out of the box I hit the X ring with my first 5 shots at 10 yds... all shots in one large hole less than an inch across. I replaced the hard rubber grips with wood grips and it is a fine looking gun as well as a nicely made one.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

  6. #21
    Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eastern Arkansas
    Posts
    1,382
    As far as I know it's full sized steel, blued, regular three dot sights. It has wraparound rubber finger grooved grip. But it looks to have been taken care of.

  7. #22
    Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,548
    You did good, real good.

    Fantastic price, and a great weapon. They should cost more.

    I have a Witness 10mm and it's a great weapon.

  8. #23
    Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eastern Arkansas
    Posts
    1,382
    I would have preferred to have a .45acp, but I thought it was a pretty good deal. I've had .40S&W before ,and have a couple now. It's a good round. But it has quite a lot of muzzle flip. I know you are sending the round out at a pretty good rate of speed for the weight of the bullet. I prefer the.357sig for shooting. If only it was as cheap, and as available as the .40S&W around here.

  9. #24
    Ex Member Array BigEd63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    318
    I had one of the older .45ACP Witness models.

    Alwayd thought that gun was built for something stouter than a regular .45 load as SWC's would barley run in it. Had to load them up hot and stout loaded 230JHP's worked best of all.

    Sounds like the perfect size and weight for full house 10mm loads.

  10. #25
    Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eastern Arkansas
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEd63
    I had one of the older .45ACP Witness models.

    Alwayd thought that gun was built for something stouter than a regular .45 load as SWC's would barley run in it. Had to load them up hot and stout loaded 230JHP's worked best of all.

    Sounds like the perfect size and weight for full house 10mm loads.
    These things are build like a tank, it almost seems a solid block of steel. But, I have the smaller framed pistol 9mm/.40S&W. Maybe a .357 sig if I get the barrel. If I could get a 10mm pistol to start wirth then I could convert to anything.

  11. #26
    Ex Member Array BigEd63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    318
    I would be hot on getting a .357sig barrel for one if I were you.

    I'm still kicking myself for getting rid of the .40S&W/.357Sig combo I had set up in a Browning .40 MkIII Hi-Power.

  12. #27
    Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eastern Arkansas
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEd63
    I would be hot on getting a .357sig barrel for one if I were you.

    I'm still kicking myself for getting rid of the .40S&W/.357Sig combo I had set up in a Browning .40 MkIII Hi-Power.
    I did this to my Glock23c, put a G32c barrel in it and I really like that. I can shoot and practice with the.40, put the .357sig barrel in practice some with it and carry the "good" stuff that is harder to find around here. There are several places that carry it, but some only have FMJ, and no JHP.

  13. #28
    Senior Member Array Rhome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    697
    Animalkracker, you done good !! I've won many matches with a TZ .45 and 9mm. I'm kicking myself in the you know what. The .45 is swifty's and won't part with it period !! and I got rid of the 9mm a few yrs ago. I have to say it was the best 9mm other than my G19. One day I'll talk swifty out of the .45
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

  14. #29
    VIP Member Array swiftyjuan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Madera, CA
    Posts
    2,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhome
    Animalkracker, you done good !! I've won many matches with a TZ .45 and 9mm. I'm kicking myself in the you know what. The .45 is swifty's and won't part with it period !! and I got rid of the 9mm a few yrs ago. I have to say it was the best 9mm other than my G19. One day I'll talk swifty out of the .45
    Wrong Chickenlips!

  15. #30
    Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimalKracker
    I did this to my Glock23c, put a G32c barrel in it and I really like that. I can shoot and practice with the.40, put the .357sig barrel in practice some with it and carry the "good" stuff that is harder to find around here. There are several places that carry it, but some only have FMJ, and no JHP.
    Here is the best deal I have found online for .357SIG defensive ammo:

    .357SIG at Streicher's Police Equipment
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

    The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. EAA Witness
    By AllAmerican in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: April 20th, 2009, 11:58 AM
  2. EEA Witness
    By cheezewhiz6 in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: November 21st, 2008, 08:22 AM
  3. Witness FCP!?
    By Irontoad in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 16th, 2008, 09:16 AM
  4. New EAA Witness
    By flagflyfish in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: October 27th, 2007, 02:58 PM
  5. witness
    By markchao in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: October 21st, 2006, 02:24 PM

Search tags for this page

357 sig barrel for eaa witness
,
eaa 40 cal
,

eaa 40 cal reviews

,
eaa limited .38super
,
eaa witness 357 sig
,
eaa witness 357 sig barrel
,
eaa witness 40 cal
,
eaa witness 40 cal compact
,

eaa witness 40 cal review

,
eaa witness 40 cal reviews
,
eaa witness 40 review
,
eaa witness barrels for sale
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors