Picked up a EAA witness

This is a discussion on Picked up a EAA witness within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a EAA Witness today in .40S&W, it looks practically brand new. I got out the door for $260.00, how did I do? ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Picked up a EAA witness

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar

Picked up a EAA witness

I picked up a EAA Witness today in .40S&W, it looks practically brand new. I got out the door for $260.00, how did I do? I've wanted a CZ75 for awhile. Then I come across this one. Everything is super tight, barrel,slide everything, The floorplate on the mag that came with it in not closed all the way. I'll look at that later on. I have two mags ordered for it. Nice balance to it. Most of the time I get a 4" - 4.25" pistol. This one just feels pretty good. I saw some at the gunshow I went to, for $385.00 or so.

2. Remove Ads

sounds all right i think you can get the conversion kits for different calibers a 38 super 18 shot would be cool

AK-
    I have two; you should love it. My favorite gun dealer (who just moved to Arkansas) didn't have any, and I ordered one. He got a second one for the store and sold it. And got more. They were his most popular pistol. He told me one day "The boys from the mountains buy these, and no one has brought one back. Can't say that for any other pistol I sell".

They are great.... the witness in .40 was my second pistol purchase back in the early ninties...

Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan
    AK-
    I have two; you should love it. My favorite gun dealer (who just moved to Arkansas) didn't have any, and I ordered one. He got a second one for the store and sold it. And got more. They were his most popular pistol. He told me one day "The boys from the mountains buy these, and no one has brought one back. Can't say that for any other pistol I sell".
    Who is that dealer,and where is he located now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    sounds all right i think you can get the conversion kits for different calibers a 38 super 18 shot would be cool
    I've got to do some checking out about just what all you can do with this gun, and what interchanges with what. I read somewhere if I remember correctly that CZ75 clips will fit in late model Witness, but not the other way around. No matter as I have clips ordered. But I'm curious as to what if anything swaps out with the CZ75. And got to check out sources for barrels to convert if I want to later on.

I researched/shopped the EAA witness a while back.
    I think they're well made and fine guns for the price.
    I opted out though, because they're a little heavy for my taste.

I'll probably get one eventually.The wtiness I wanted was the EAA Witness Compact with "Wonder Finish" - it was nib for $380.
    If it's in good shape, I think you did OK at $260.

the dealer told me that the EAA Witness converts easily to other calibers. The conversion kits should be readily available.

His name is John Macormick, but he is retiring to Arkansas, not opening a store unfortunately. Great guy. His daughter still owns the store here; she's a lot prettier than he is, but doesn't give me as good a deal! By the way, Hi from Rhome...

My first version of the Witness was the TZ 75 (Tanfoglio); came with a 9mm and a .41 action express barrel; does that tell you how long ago this was?

Quote Originally Posted by steve_db
    the dealer told me that the EAA Witness converts easily to other calibers. The conversion kits should be readily available.
    And that sounds nice, I like the .357sig, never shot the .38super but I hear nice things about it. And as heavy as this pistol is a 9mm will be a pussycat in it. I should say heavy, but very well balanced, it is easy to hold on point.

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    I have a 10mm Witness in the wonderfinish. Think I paid less than $300 for it. Nice gun for the price. Good bang for the buck.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan
    His name is John Macormick, but he is retiring to Arkansas, not opening a store unfortunately. Great guy. His daughter still owns the store here; she's a lot prettier than he is, but doesn't give me as good a deal! By the way, Hi from Rhome...

My first version of the Witness was the TZ 75 (Tanfoglio); came with a 9mm and a .41 action express barrel; does that tell you how long ago this was?
    I've been reading up on the Witness,and the CZ75, in the last couple of days, and a little while back I had started to get the "itch" you guys know what I'm talking about. I'm not going to say I will not be buying anymore 1911's but I have a "few" in several flavors. I'm ready to start on others for awhile now.

I still have the TZ 75 on my permit, and I have the Brian Enos Limited Edition Witness. I have never shot a better .45, and that includes my Les Baer. Changing barrels takes 10-15 seconds, and I still need to get a kit for the .40 and .38 Super. Let us know how you like it.

The barrel is super tight in the slide, there is no slack at all there, very little slack in the slide to frame fit. Just enough to let the gun function.

I have a 10mm Witness in the wonderfinish. Think I paid less than $300 for it. Nice gun for the price. Good bang for the buck.
    Im eather thinking of geting that, or the Glock 10mm.

My wallet says Witness! But I want an auto for travel, and my future travel plans has alot of bad enviromental conditions for rust.

Abit off topic: Does the the "Wonder" finish have better wear/ corosion resistance than stainless?
    Last edited by gregarat; August 7th, 2006 at 10:53 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links