Will Glock ever make a single stack 9mm?

This is a discussion on Will Glock ever make a single stack 9mm? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Will Glock ever make a single stack 9mm? I wish! To be honest, I don't know what's taking um so long. IMO, it's got to ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Will Glock ever make a single stack 9mm?

I wish!

To be honest, I don't know what's taking um so long. IMO, it's got to be one of the most requested additions to their lineup.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Probably not. Unfortunately. Since Glock makes "duty" weapons, I can't imagine they would want to get involved in for them, what would be a very small market.

I would love a single stack Glock but it would have to be the size of a PF9 for me to buy and carry instead of my G26.
    Question Everything!

If the Glock 36 is any indication of what Glock thinks a "single stack" pistol is (ridiculously thick mag for a single stack, odd "club foot" baseplate to complete the grip, grip that feels like a 1x3 board), then I'd take a pass. Besides, although quite a few people claim to own reliable G36 pistols, I've owned 2 of them, and they were the least reliable Glocks that I have ever owned. And it's not just me, for anyone who doesn't know the history of Glocks problem child, and only single-stack, the G36.

I would, however, be very interested in an M&P single stack 9mm, or the new Beretta Nano single stack 9mm.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I shoot a glock and enjoy it BUT i don't carry one. I carried a pf-9 also for several years, a revolver for 20+ before that and after buy'n a used kahr cw9 i then bought a cm9 that are my carry pistols now. Great pistols. Glock could have built one but instead they screwed up a very good older design. I have e=mailed glock several times asking if they will ever produce a small and thin concealed carry pistol like so many others have and never have got'n a reply even. Talked to them once and got a simple NO. So I will keep the 1 older glock i have for mainly house duty but see know reason to ever own another. I did buy a used g27, shot it ,did not like it and sold it. Small but not a real compact. Just a sawed off verstion of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by dunndealin View Post
    10thmtn, I am not sure what thousands upon thousands of rds means, but as u spoke about the reliability and durability of kahr I wanted to say this... I have a pm9 that has over 5200rds(standard pressure only)
    Call us when it's 52,000 rounds. Just kidding, the pm 9 seems like the perfect ccw.

Glock won't make a single stack 9 unless sales of the 26 dry up. Why compete with yourself. I have no doubt Glock could build a single stack 9.
    They make a .380, same size as the 26 but lighter (GLOCK). Their are legal reasons ( import laws) why some guns can't be imported to the U.S, a single stack 9 may fit this area. Something about guns must be sporting guns to be imported.

No matter what a company makes, there will always be people who have something to cry about. I personally have no issue with any gun I choose to carry. If you like it, you find a way to make it work.

I too would be interested in seeing a Kahr, or LC9 test 50-100,000 rounds. I think the answer to the OPs question would be therin.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Small guns are meant to be shot a little and carried a lot. Not have thousands of rounds through them.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    LC9 test 50-100,000 rounds
    Let us preemptively mourn the death of the tester's web and trigger finger!
    200r out of the LC9 or P11 in a single day leaves me more than a tad sore.
    Last edited by AlwaysSweet; September 4th, 2011 at 12:55 PM. Reason: bad grammar

VIP Member
    Frankly, I was wondering the same thing. The only Glock I ever owned was the G36 in 45 single stack and it was great! I've considered the PPS and the Springfield EMP as they both seem to balance well in my hand.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Small guns are meant to be shot a little and carried a lot. Not have thousands of rounds through them.
    It is also worth noting that designing a single stack glock that is actually thinner and smaller than a standard glock would take quite a bit of engineering as well. The tolerances between the small single stacks (walther PPS, kahrs, etc) and the larger duty type weapons (glocks, XDs) is very big. My Walther PPS has very tight tolerances and therefore has to be very well oiled and I can't take it to the range and shoot it like I would a glock or XD. The loose fit of the glocks and XDs is what allows you to go out and get mud and dirt into the gun or run it dry with hardly any oil and it will still function quite well.

Designing a single stack magazine like people envision would constitute a major change in Glock's philosophy of having a duty weapon that would perform in the toughest battlefield conditions. It would be interesting to see if Springfield tries to tweak the XD to make a thinner single stack but their 1911's kinda fill that niche already with the EMP and Micro Compact .45s

no - never, cause California, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Massachusetts, Washington DC and Chicago don't want their taxpaying peasants to own one.

Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    It would be interesting to see if Springfield tries to tweak the XD to make a thinner single stack but their 1911's kinda fill that niche already with the EMP and Micro Compact .45s
    - For width, yes. For weight, 1911's still leave a lot to be desired compared to the single stack 9mm's out there.

I think Glock just doesn't care about chasing market demand for every category of gun out there....they leave that to Taurus.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slacking View Post
    I think Glock just doesn't care about chasing market demand for every category of gun out there....they leave that to Taurus.
    Bingo. It is far better to do a few things well, than many things poorly.

Actually the Diamond Back DB9 is a Glock.......sorta........ from what I've been told,Glock couldn't import their small 9s or 380s here so they simply started a company here, Diamond Back, based in Fla...........least what I been told by a gun dealer I deal with.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links