Will Glock ever make a single stack 9mm?

This is a discussion on Will Glock ever make a single stack 9mm? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by slacking Ahhhhhh yes, the "man sized" gun. The gun that will save you from the elephant sneaking up behind you. Inexperience is ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Will Glock ever make a single stack 9mm?

Quote Originally Posted by slacking View Post
    Ahhhhhh yes, the "man sized" gun. The gun that will save you from the elephant sneaking up behind you.
    Inexperience is a beast to live with, and a painful lesson to learn from. Those who have actually had the unfortuanate need to use a weapon against either dangerous man or beast, have never, ever, been heard to say they wished for a smaller weapon.

As far as the elephant, well, from the condencending tone of your reply, I will just chalk that one up as a childish statement based on jealousy and lack of anything real to invest.
    OD* likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    Call us when it's 52,000 rounds. Just kidding, the pm 9 seems like the perfect ccw.

Glock won't make a single stack 9 unless sales of the 26 dry up. Why compete with yourself. I have no doubt Glock could build a single stack 9.
    They make a .380, same size as the 26 but lighter (GLOCK). Their are legal reasons ( import laws) why some guns can't be imported to the U.S, a single stack 9 may fit this area. Something about guns must be sporting guns to be imported.
    I have always heard it had something to do with import laws as well; something about there being a point system and it doesn't meet the requirements, etc. much like the .380. Might be why Bersa is having trouble getting their BP9CC in country as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    Don't really know much about Moonies, but they can't be any worse than any other collection of people who believe in fairy tales and need someone to think for them. That's a fairly broad section of humanity, unfortunately.

Truth be told, I'm not sure I shoot enough to reach the end of useful service life for a Kahr. The design seems to be sound, with more slide to rail contact than a Glock. I don't see any horror stories of them falling apart after a few thousand rounds. I've seen more than one police department have problems with supposedly "reliable" service pistols in actual use, including failures with Glocks well before their 1,000,000,000 round service life, so I know that the most important statistic for me is how MY pistol runs. If I see signs of wear after a few thousand rounds, I can always purchase another pistol. They are not that expensive, and I'm not the type to keep a polymer frame pistol as a keepsake for my great-great-great grandchildren. They are tools, and if one starts to wear out, I get another one. Seems like common sense to me.

I've got a man-sized gun, was born with it, and don't need to compensate for anything.

Regarding firearms, I also find a Kahr CW45 to be just about the right size for my needs, in an effective caliber, and with sufficient capacity for the generally tame areas that I frequent. American made, a proper grip angle, and a great trigger, to boot. I suppose I could see the need for handgun size overcompensation if I tended to hang out where elephants sneak up behind me, or if I was worried that a woman somewhere had a .44 in her purse, and I was an insecure man who based his "manliness" on something as ridiculous as what kind of gun he carried. I hope to never reach that level of pathetic.
    Not really sure where all the "manly insecurity" stuff came from, or how the carrying of a service sized pistol vs a small gun can get compared to a genitles. Must have hit a "soft spot" with some of you. Sorry.

Now back to the real point I was trying to make. Well, no, forget it. People are always gonna carry what they feel comfortable with, and I really dont care either way. But as far as I am concerned, the g26 is the perfect size for edc. It is lightweight, holds 10 rounds, will accept larger mag capacity, and is durable enough to shoot alot, and is big enough to adequately control and make long range hits with. I see no need to change it.
    NY27 and OD* like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Whyyyyyyyyy!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    Don't really know much about Moonies, but they can't be any worse than any other collection of people who believe in fairy tales and need someone to think for them. That's a fairly broad section of humanity, unfortunately.
    Indeed, some really great gun designs came out of Hitler's Germany and Stalin's Russia...Go figure.

But as for the original topic of this thread, I have often compared The Ruger LC9 and Kahr PM9/CM9 (or PM40) to my usual carry gun, a Glock 27, and find their slightly reduced size not worth the substantial loss of magazine capacity or power.

Although the 9mm cartrige is almost identical to the .380 in its dimensions, its greater pressure requires a far more substantial weapon to contain it, and a grip significantly larger than that required to merely contain a single-row magazine to control it. Compare the Ruger LCP to the LC9 for example. it is far out of proportion to the dimensions of the .380ACP versus the 9mm cartriges. Consequently, very little grip bulk is saved by sacrificing the extra capacity of of a double-column magazine in 9mm.

I suspect Glock is not at all interested in reducing their barrel/slide/frame dimensions to the absolute minimum to contain the 9mm's pressures to the exclusion of the .40, so reducing the grip dimensions to that required to just contain a single row 9mm magazine would result in a clumsy, top-heavy weapon.

Similarly, I suspect a new, reduced frame size designed around the .380 ACP is also not in the works at Glock, though I would be eager to replace my fussy Kahr P380 with one, as its operation would be identical to the Glock 23 and 27 I usually carry and have earned my trust.

ive always said why dont glock and springfield make a single stack,9? i thinkk a xd subcompact single stack would sell like hot cakes in a miner camp.

VIP Member
    Guys,

Let get this back on track.

Glockman speaks the truth about no one wishing they had a smaller gun if they should ever have to defend themselves. But I think the point that is missed is actually having a gun. I will raise my hand and be the first to admit that I get a little tired of even carrying my M&P9c on a daily basis. I really have to be cognizant of every little thing I do before I leave the house because I have two younger children. When you see concealed carry video's they never address that topic. For example, I am constantly picking up a dropped toy, child, or putting a stroller in and out of the SUV. This might sound silly, but it adds far more dynamics then if I am just going to work or by myself.

Recently I picked up a KHAR CM9 (moonie special) and told myself "why in the heck did I not do this before?" Though I don't have as much firepower as my usual carry, it's plenty for most cases. The beauty of this is I can put it in a pocket holster and call it a day. Now many of the issues I have had are gone and for being a father of two young kids it's a life saver.

To Khar's credit, this gun is very very accurate for it's size, has a nice trigger as has been 100% reliable for me. What more can you ask for from a bug or pocket carry?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Small guns do have their purpose, I will readily concede that. Occassionaly scale down myself. The only thing I can add to my POV on the topic, is that I have such an extreme confidence in the Glock platform for all the attributes it has that I cannot see myself wanting anything less.pic3.jpg
    Here is a group shot last year, two handed off hand at 40 or 50 yards, I think 40. The overall size of the frame as is allows me the confidence to reach out there and make good hits pretty easily. Now, I know that this may not be common in SD shootings, but its nice to know you have something holstered that gives you the option. The smaller the gun, the more difficult it is to do this with.

Of course, its all a matter of preference. Just my 2Cents
    C hawk Glock likes this.

A Glock single stack 9mm would without a doubt be a hot seller. Unless you have some inside connections that you're not sharing, I think it's anyone's guess as to why we've yet to see it.

Until then the Ruger LC9 is a pretty damn good compromise...

Quote Originally Posted by afojc View Post
    Actually the Diamond Back DB9 is a Glock.......sorta........ from what I've been told,Glock couldn't import their small 9s or 380s here so they simply started a company here, Diamond Back, based in Fla...........least what I been told by a gun dealer I deal with.
    That gun dealer is full of it.

Diamondback is it's own company in Florida that I've heard has some former Kel Tec employees. But definetly not a Glock subsidiary. They may look kind of like a Glock, but its a whole nother gun and design.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    That gun dealer is full of it.

Diamondback is it's own company in Florida that I've heard has some former Kel Tec employees. But definetly not a Glock subsidiary. They may look kind of like a Glock, but its a whole nother gun and design.
    I stand corrected

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerRon View Post
    A Glock single stack 9mm would without a doubt be a hot seller. Unless you have some inside connections that you're not sharing, I think it's anyone's guess as to why we've yet to see it.

Until then the Ruger LC9 is a pretty damn good compromise...
    Yeah if you like extra safeties and a crappy trigger.
    glockman10mm and JD like this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    I find the 26 to be the perfect size for it's intended purpose. I don't think that the grip is too thick. I held a PPS and it seemed bigger than the 26 to me. Maybe a little thinner, but the overall size of the 26 seems smaller, yet it can shoot like a 19 or 17.
    I agree with this....

I like Glocks, because of their reliability, simplicity of use, and especially for their willingness to offer pistols in a wide variaty of combat calibers which most manufacturers are afraid to do. I recently bought a G29SF in 10mm which I really love to shoot. Not too many companies offer pistols in this caliber.

My EDC is the G26 which I consider the perfect carry pistol. Having said that I am interested in the new single stacks comming up like he Beretta Nano. I would like to replace my LCP with a 9mm if I can get one small enough.

I had two Kahr's, both couldn't feed 3 in a row. Kahr's solution was for me to spend an additional $60 to send it home. No more Kahr's for me.
    If Glock made a small single stack 9mm, the size of the DB9, but reliable and sturdy, like my G36 single stack .45, I would be on that like a rash.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

Administrator
    Will McDonalds ever make a single patty Big Mac?

Think of all the money Glock is making by not changing stuff up. THey do not have to pay engineers to come up with new designs, they have largely perfected the one and only platform they produce. Take a lot at Taurus or any other maker for that matter. They all make multiple platforms, but none of them are the best. Glock is the best at what they do, and they are going to ride that wave for all its worth.
    JD likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links