Will Glock ever make a single stack 9mm? - Page 7

Will Glock ever make a single stack 9mm?

This is a discussion on Will Glock ever make a single stack 9mm? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In my estimation, the Kahr CW9 IS a Glock! Not in name and not exactly the same design, but if Glock made a single stack ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Will Glock ever make a single stack 9mm?

In my estimation, the Kahr CW9 IS a Glock! Not in name and not exactly the same design, but if Glock made a single stack 9mm, it would be much like a CW9 IMO. Here's my logic...I like Glocks so much, I bought a Kahr. LOL. Seriously, if Glock ever decides to make one, I'll retire the Kahr. Until then....
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Will Glock ever make a single stack 9mm? Ever, I don't know. In the foreseeable future, probably not.

There's a concept in economics called the Principle of Comparative Advantage, which basically states that each producer should specialize in whatever it can produce at the lowest relative/opportunity cost. Glock's niche is manufacuring affordable, extremely reliable, double-stacked handguns; by this logic, they should specialize in those, and leave the single-stacked 9mm to those who can't produce what "Glock-like" guns as effectively.

That said, if Glock ever did come out with a single-stack 9mm, I'd get one.
    You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass. --Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. --Albert Einstein
    You taught us to imagine, and we imagined your irrelevance! --Dalek Caan

Quote Originally Posted by IsaiahM33 View Post
    In my estimation, the Kahr CW9 IS a Glock! Not in name and not exactly the same design, but if Glock made a single stack 9mm, it would be much like a CW9 IMO. Here's my logic...I like Glocks so much, I bought a Kahr. LOL. Seriously, if Glock ever decides to make one, I'll retire the Kahr. Until then....
    Did you jump in a time machine to dig up this old thread?

Plenty of great new single stacks have come on the market in the last 17 months.

The most important thing we can do right now is write our elected officials and let them know we oppose any more gun laws.

Also join the NRA for the price of a box of ammo.

I intend on keeping my firearms. You?
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

i'M A 9MM GUY

My 1st carry was a Kel-Tec P-11 Never any issues, 2nd was my Beretta 92, next SD9VE which is probably my favorite, It's just nice in any holster is definately beefer than My keltec or Diamondback but I like it. I only shot once this winter I have no fricken Ammo. I have 5 stores in a 7 miles radius and I buy Fiocchi, Brass Blazer, or Remington UMC 2 boxes a month..sucks

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    glock made a mini 10mm.... and the g17. Good enough for me
    Glock made a 20SF model in 10mm that's good ...
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    No, they won't. You know why? Because everyone wants them too, but they don't want you to want one.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

The closest thing I'v seen to date is the XDS in 45acp, NICE
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Bersa BP9cc is the closest thing to a single stack Glock I've fired.

Last edited by zonker1986; March 5th, 2013 at 08:53 PM.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I thought springfield was gonna make an xds in 9mm. But anywho the smith-wesson shield and bersa bp9cc are good single stack 9mms.

saa
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    I believe there is a huge market out there for a more concealable, smaller 9mm than what they make.
    Glock knows the market they serve, and they serve it incredibly well. They aren't interested in being everything to everyone. I'd love to see one too, but I do agree with their product philosophy. They make, IMO, a near indestructible utilitarian pistol for the military, LEO, and the masses. It works.

I'd rather they stay exceptional, then branch out and start to lose their edge.
    saa.
    "Every man is my superior in some way, in that I learn of him." - Emerson

"The value of good work lasts far longer than the sting of working for too little money." - Patrick Truillio

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    That and the Glock Carbine are a point of joking on the Glock forums. They would sell them faster than they could make them, but just dont seem real interested in listening to the customers ideas. Its pretty common knowledge across the firearms industry that if Gaston Glock had his way all Glocks would be a Gen 1 Glock 17. The slogan Glock Perfection is not just a marketing idea...it is an ingrained belief and way of life in his opinion. So the other stuff is just gravy he is making for the masses who realy dont know what is best. They will make more innovative customer driven products when he is dead, and not until then.
    He is the genius behind this product just like Steve Jobs was the genius behind Apple. Look what has happened to Apple since his death. Same thing would happen to Glock.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Bersa BP9cc is the closest thing to a single stack Glock I've fired.

Yeah, that's become my answer to the single stack Glock, too! Although I actually like my Beretta Nano even more; it's just easier to shoot well and seems much more accurate (at least in my hands). That said, neither have ever malfunctioned and I feel very confident in both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    I thought springfield was gonna make an xds in 9mm. But anywho the smith-wesson shield and bersa bp9cc are good single stack 9mms.
    They do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=5rqsK78EzkY
    It doesn't appear to be on Springfield's website yet, however.
    You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass. --Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. --Albert Einstein
    You taught us to imagine, and we imagined your irrelevance! --Dalek Caan

I am going to say that I think in the next few years, you will see a Glock single stack 9mm. Let's face it, that platform is becoming extremely popular among people who want to conceal something very small. Just look at S&W. They never thought that the M&P Shield line would have done as well as it has. My LGS sold 24 of them in 3 hours yesterday. There is a market demand and I think that there are enough Glock people who would trade something else in to buy one.

I just dont see how a few centimeters would make a big difference. IMO the Glock 26 is already a small concealable size. Anything smaller would just be harsh on the hands shooting. Thats my opinion.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Sponsored Links