np3 a Pocket 380?

np3 a Pocket 380?

This is a discussion on np3 a Pocket 380? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wondering if I should send my pocket .380 out to Robar for some np3 treatment. I did some Google searching and was only able to ...

Thread: np3 a Pocket 380?

np3 a Pocket 380?

Wondering if I should send my pocket .380 out to Robar for some np3 treatment. I did some Google searching and was only able to come up with one thread regarding someone who had done this and it didn't have much info.

Basically my question is has anyone done this before and if so what were the results? For the price of the whole np3+ treatment I could almost buy a new pocket .380 so I'm wondering if it's worth it to increase the longevity/reliability of the one I have or if I'd be best using the money to just buy another one in the event I have problems.

(p.s. didn't include the type of .380 I'm carrying because I didn't want it to turn into a "which is best" thread...just wanted to focus on if np3 is worth it on these type of firearms)

Well, if the treatment costs that much, I'd buy another .380 and carry both of 'em...

which is what I do!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

just get another pocket gun with a hard chrome finish....or buy some Duracoat and finish it yourself. NP3 finish is not cheap.
    Would definitely reserve the NP3 for a higher end gun.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I'd rather have two guns that work than one pretty one that works.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I wouldn't waste my money on a treatment for my 380. I would just buy ammo with the money and go shooting.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I'd rather have two guns that work than one pretty one that works.
    I'm not concerned about the look of a gun nobody but myself ever sees, but rather increasing the function/reliability of the weapon. These little guns already can't take much abuse, but I'm wondering if np3 could change that.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Well how much abuse are you talking here? Yes they are fairly inexpensive little guns that have a very specific purpose, but by the time they ever "wear" out, I think you will have gotten more than your money's worth.

Just as an example I carry an LCP, this LCP has 1500+ rounds through it and It gets carried everyday, whether I'm hiking or just running errands. Recently I came across a great deal and bought another LCP just to have as a backup or whatnot. You know what? I still carry the original one that has bluing worn off and lots of other dings and scratches, why? Because it keeps on shooting.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

I guess I'll just take it as nobody here has np3'd a 380 and there's probably a reason why. :)

Sponsored Links