1977 Colt Python - Page 3

1977 Colt Python

This is a discussion on 1977 Colt Python within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Maine_Train Looks very good. Does anyone know if Colt will still work on their older products? I called them almost five years ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 1977 Colt Python

Quote Originally Posted by Maine_Train View Post
    Looks very good.

Does anyone know if Colt will still work on their older products? I called them almost five years ago to inquire about sending my '67 Python to them for repair of a "timing problem" and refinishing, but I never followed up on that.
    I am pretty sure they do. I am on the Colt Forum as well and they have guys sending them back for refurbishing all the time. I have thought about sending my Diamondback in for a refinishing since its finish is about 40% gone.
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

VIP Member
    Yeppers they do it is pricey though. If I remember right 3-400 for the Royal Blue finish.

But if you want it back factory fresh.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

My 4" blue Python was built in '72 and has only gotten better with age. I bought it in '72 (for $350) and have long since lost count of how many rounds I have put through it.

I've had the original stocks on it, custom Herrett's, someone else's wood (don't remember whose) and Pachmayr rubber. For showoff, I put the Herrett's on it, but for shooting nothing, IMHO, beats the Pachmayr.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine_Train View Post
    Looks very good.

Does anyone know if Colt will still work on their older products? I called them almost five years ago to inquire about sending my '67 Python to them for repair of a "timing problem" and refinishing, but I never followed up on that.
    I was correct, they still do, Python Custom Tune - $195. Colt Media and Downloads
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Yeppers they do it is pricey though. If I remember right 3-400 for the Royal Blue finish.

But if you want it back factory fresh.
    The Royal Blue finish is $325.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Nice! The 1st gun I ever bought was a Colt Python 6 inches Stainless. I wish I still had it.

Nice Colt! Take care of her and you'll be handing it down to the grandchildren....

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links