GLOCK Addressing the Gen 4 Spring Issue.

This is a discussion on GLOCK Addressing the Gen 4 Spring Issue. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; got mine, works just fine if you want a better glock, check out a steyr or caracal...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: GLOCK Addressing the Gen 4 Spring Issue.

got mine, works just fine
    if you want a better glock, check out a steyr or caracal

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    So it has been around a month since my second call to Glock about my recoil spring, and I decided to call back and see if they had any shipping status. They acted as if there was nothing in their computer system even though I have been through the whole process two times before this call. I received the classic customer service response of sorry we will enter your information again and there has been a delay in serving Law Enforcement first.

Thank god I never needed Glock customer service in the past, then I would have known how piss poor they are. They come across as helpful and nice, but they don't do what they say they are going to do. This is just the complete opposite of what I have experienced from S&W. They have sent me parts on my mistakes of things I have lost as no charge and did on the first call to boot!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    got mine, works just fine
    if you want a better glock, check out a steyr or caracal
    There is no need for either, I have M&P's......
    jerp and Cheesewiz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post

thanks for sharing that important news

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    I see a name change in the not so distant future...

Sent via Tapatalk...and still using real words.

VIP Member
    ***UPDATE***

So I got my new recalled recoil spring from Glock and decided to try it out. Guess what? Now instead of getting a stove pipe ever 3 mags like the last spring, I now get one every single mag! I am so pissed at Glock right now, as I have tried to give them a fair shake to make it right and all I have seen is the same problem. I honestly don't think I will ever have confidence in this firearm no matter what. What is this world coming to when Glock is putting out unreliable pistols and the Bills and Niners are at the top of the NFL!

VIP Member
    ***UPDATE***

So I got my new recalled recoil spring from Glock and decided to try it out. Guess what? Now instead of getting a stove pipe ever 3 mags like the last spring, I now get one every single mag! I am so pissed at Glock right now, as I have tried to give them a fair shake to make it right and all I have seen is the same problem. I honestly don't think I will ever have confidence in this firearm no matter what. What is this world coming to when Glock is putting out unreliable pistols and the Bills and Niners are at the top of the NFL!
    ***UPDATE Part 2***

I have spoken with Glock and they want me to send the gun back. They said they will take care of it. I will follow up with my experience and let you guys know what happens. So far I was impressed by the attitude to make it right.

Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. I hope they get it fixed for you.

I just bought a Gen 4 Glock 22 on Sept. 24th. Using the original RSA, I've fired 200 rounds of Winchester 180 gr. bonded hollow point on Oct. 1st, and 200 rounds of Federal 180 gr. FMJ on Oct. 8th. I haven't had any FTF's or FTE's. I'm curious what impact the new RSA will have.

I called Monday, Sept. 26th, to request my new RSA. I was told two weeks. I guess I should give them a call to follow up on it.*

* Glock confirmed that the new RSA was sent out on Oct. 6th, so I should be seeing it anytime. I'll let you know what if any changes it makes.

VIP Member
    I ordered the new one on September 23, and received it today. I ran three mags through the pistol, and it performed flawlessly, just like before.

Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    I have been hearing from posters on glocktalk that the extractor is one of the main reasons for the erratic case ejections.
    i think so too because the extractor in my gen3 is totally different from my G23 gen4.
    P.S i got 2000 rds down my gen4 without hicupps of any type

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I ordered the new one on September 23, and received it today. I ran three mags through the pistol, and it performed flawlessly, just like before.
    Why would you order one if your firearm was flawless? That seems a touch dishonest.

VIP Member
    Why would you order one if your firearm was flawless? That seems a touch dishonest.
    You must have missed the recall announcement. Here is a short video to bring you up to speed. glock recall gen4 (recoil spring exchange info.) - YouTube

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    You must have missed the recall announcement. Here is a short video to bring you up to speed. glock recall gen4 (recoil spring exchange info.) - YouTube
    I did not miss the announcement at all. You never answered the question.

VIP Member
    I did not miss the announcement at all. You never answered the question.
    That is correct.

Had my Gen4 Glock 19 a year, when speaking to Glock GA, they gave me the limp wristing/powder puff ammunition story, I purchased the wee grommet from a buddy, he bought two from Glock Mister?

Installed with gen 3 Main spring, perfect. Then went through the try this RSA then this one, etc. Now have the latest RSA, came in 3 weeks after phone call, nice plesant young lady took info. even spelled my surname correctly!

Installed spring, perfect! Ran the reloads I buy, the most accurate Glock to date, use it as my IDPA Pistol.

My Wife, all 120lbs and 5 ft 3 inch Wife, can jack the slide, could not on any of the previouse trys/springs.

So it is fixed, Chris Edwards, when asked about the ejector replacement "Does it work OK?" YES, "Dont worry about it"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links