GLOCK Addressing the Gen 4 Spring Issue.

This is a discussion on GLOCK Addressing the Gen 4 Spring Issue. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ive got a g22 gen3 and havent experienced any issues. I had a chance to get a gen4 but I prefer the grip in my ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: GLOCK Addressing the Gen 4 Spring Issue.

Ive got a g22 gen3 and havent experienced any issues. I had a chance to get a gen4 but I prefer the grip in my hands better on the gen3 over gen4. I am considering getting a used gen2 after my 19c is paid off.

2. Remove Ads

Re: GLOCK Addressing the Gen 4 Spring Issue.

I'm confused, I read everyday that GLOCKS are perfect why would they send out repair parts for the perfect gun?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Divide post count by days since joining and learn something about the poster

Okay all if this has me really confused. I have a glock 19 gen 4. Recoil spring #043 ( 0 left 4 right 3 bottom middle) is this the latest and greatest RSA? And if it is then the RSA is not the reason why brass gets thrown back at your noggin.

My ejector number is 336 and I was told that I could call and complain and that they would fix it with one that was actually machined, not molded. But the problem is this is my only handgun. I refuse to go without and sort of protection for the 2 weeks- 2 months its going to take them to fix it. Maybe after I save the money to get myself a kahr CW9 and break it in I'll try to send my glock back and then see what happens.

Has anyone else sent there glock 19's back for a new ejector? Or whatever it is they are going to replace?

The man issue with the Gen 4 guns and newer Gen 3's is coming from the ejector and/or extractor, not all the recoil spring as originally thought as most here are aware.

Apex, who makes the M&P trigger connects, has new parts that fix most gen 4 issues. I would choose their components before a fix from Glock.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Zero issues with mine. I'll keep it stock.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

wow...never knew that glocks were having so much trouble with their new gen 4. Good thing i held off on buying a new g26

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mnk0814 View Post
    wow...never knew that glocks were having so much trouble with their new gen 4. Good thing i held off on buying a new g26
    Buy a new Gen 4 with confidence. The kinks were worked out quite awhile ago.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Buy a new Gen 4 with confidence. The kinks were worked out quite awhile ago.
    I wouldn't say that....new Gen 4 and Gen 3 Glocks are still plagued with BTF and ejection/extraction issues. If you buy a new Glock I think you can count on the typical exceptional Glock reliability but it seems like most new 9mm Glocks still have wonky ejection issues.

I have a g19 gen 4 with the new/ fixed parts...had it for ages it seems. Th

I have a g19 gen 4 with the new/ fixed parts...had it for ages it seems. These issues were long ago sorted out. My gun works flawlessly, and I've put a lot of ammo of different brands and types through it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3wggl View Post
    I wouldn't say that....new Gen 4 and Gen 3 Glocks are still plagued with BTF and ejection/extraction issues. If you buy a new Glock I think you can count on the typical exceptional Glock reliability but it seems like most new 9mm Glocks still have wonky ejection issues.
    I have currently 5 Gen 4 models and all of them work great. I had one issue with a G17 Gen 4 when the Gen 4's first came out, and Glock fixed it. I no longer have that firearm but have since bought another Gen 4 G17. I just shot 200 rounds with it today and it was stellar. Now, thousands of rounds into Gen 4 I feel pretty confident that they are reliable.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Do any of these issues apply to the 21s? Or is it restricted to certain models/calibers?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

I seem to recall it was just the 9mms but you'd have to double check me.

Quote Originally Posted by cayman_shen View Post
    I seem to recall it was just the 9mms but you'd have to double check me.
    Thanks
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by 3wggl View Post
    I don't know that I would use "plagued" with problems...I've own/shoot a three Gen4's and no issues. I assure you, if this is a run of luck, it does not extend into other areas of my life.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links