GLOCK Addressing the Gen 4 Spring Issue.

This is a discussion on GLOCK Addressing the Gen 4 Spring Issue. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; From Pistol-Training.com , great news indeed. "If you’ve been following the tale of gen4 Glocks, you know that in just over a year the company ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: GLOCK Addressing the Gen 4 Spring Issue.

JD [OP]
    Administrator

From Pistol-Training.com, great news indeed.

"If you’ve been following the tale of gen4 Glocks, you know that in just over a year the company has tried a variety of different recoil spring assembly (RSA) variants trying to alleviate various problems users have experienced. Adding to the trouble has been the need for different RSAs for guns with and without a properly counterbored spring box (aka, “nose ring”).

Finally, they’ve got it all figured out and Glock is announcing a free “exchange program” for any gen4 Glock owner. There is now just one RSA per model, regardless of whether the slide was counterbored for the RSA or not. As someone who owns two non-counterbored Glocks, I can tell you that is good news because finding the non-counterbored-only spring (0-2-1) is almost impossible.

All you need to do is contact Glock at 1-877-745-8523 with your serial number and model number. They will send you a replacement spring and a pre-addressed envelope to return the old one. For details, you can visit TeamGlock.com.

Tip of the hat to pistol-forum.com member hvd229 for initially posting the info!"

Still waiting till they get it sorted out.
    Still not really sure why they changed it in the first place. I appreciate the simplicity of GLOCK.
    Supraman762 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysSweet View Post
    Still waiting till they get it sorted out.
    Still not really sure why they changed it in the first place. I appreciate the simplicity of GLOCK.
    They changed to a dual spring setup to counter issues experienced by glock 22 users with WMLs. While this changes solved issues in the .40 guns, it cause new problems in 9mms. The grip changes were a reaction to other designs offering more options for grip size. I still don't know why they changed the extractor design, as it seems to be at the heart of a lot of issues.
    I collect ammo, not guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Texag View Post
    They changed to a dual spring setup to counter issues experienced by glock 22 users with WMLs. While this changes solved issues in the .40 guns, it cause new problems in 9mms. The grip changes were a reaction to other designs offering more options for grip size. I still don't know why they changed the extractor design, as it seems to be at the heart of a lot of issues.
    Oh I like the grip change thing because of mah small hands. I hope they work it out and the replacements truly fix the problem. But for now, I'll stick with the Gen3's.

VIP Member
    All I can say is that they better be right. I would hate to be Glock right now. Their engineers are going to be the scape goat just like their suppliers are now if the new springs don't work. I called them today and they are sending a new one out. I asked if it would fix the piss poor extractions as well and they said yes, we shall see. Mine has been pretty reliable, but will shoot brass all over the place!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I have been hearing from posters on glocktalk that the extractor is one of the main reasons for the erratic case ejections.

My guy at work( a certified Glock armorer) ordered the springs today and said we have a 2 to 4 week wait. Hopefully we aren't fixing a problem that doesn't exist. I haven't had any real problems with my gen 4 Model 17.
    "Only the Sith deal in absolutes."

"My dog is smarter than your honor student."

Quote Originally Posted by FLMOPE View Post
    My guy at work( a certified Glock armorer) ordered the springs today and said we have a 2 to 4 week wait. Hopefully we aren't fixing a problem that doesn't exist. I haven't had any real problems with my gen 4 Model 17.
    Me neither, but it's comforting to know that this spring will work with counterbored and non counterbored slides. Worst case I've got a free RSA in a parts box.
    I collect ammo, not guns.

My gen 4 17 has not given me any trouble. I wonder how much softer or harder the new springs will be?
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

And to remind, the spring issues have not impacted all models of Gen 4 Glocks. For example, the 26/27 are unaffected.

received my new guide rod today, looks good. they want me to return the old one, do I have to? I'd like to keep it as a spare

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    received my new guide rod today, looks good. they want me to return the old one, do I have to? I'd like to keep it as a spare
    So does it work? I have not received my new spring from Glock. I pray that this fixes my issue so I can get a reliable firearm that I trust. I smell another M&P or HK coming! Hurry Glock Hurry!

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    So does it work? I have not received my new spring from Glock. I pray that this fixes my issue so I can get a reliable firearm that I trust. I smell another M&P or HK coming! Hurry Glock Hurry!
    I have been travelling a lot recently, I was in my house for about 12 hours between trips, I didn't get to installing it, but I have no reason to believe it wouldn't be just fine

you can also just send an email with model, serial, name, address and phone to: RSATeam@glock.us

VIP Member
    I called weeks ago and have not received my new spring yet. Regretfully I took a chance on and old friend and realized my current friend was better. It's a sad day for me, but I have to admit to myself that I will not purchase a new Glock again for two reasons.

1. They don't make them like they used to.
    2. Glock is not stepping up and recalling this POS they made. I would be pleasantly surprised if the recoil spring solves all the problems. I have been on Glock Talk and people are now more confused saying it could be an out of spec extractor and or ejector a long with the recoil spring.
    Skygod likes this.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links