Would a employee of a gun manufacturer carry a different brand?

This is a discussion on Would a employee of a gun manufacturer carry a different brand? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know that if you worked at Ford, you better drive a Ford. I worked at Nike for a bit and if you wore anything ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Would a employee of a gun manufacturer carry a different brand?

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

I know that if you worked at Ford, you better drive a Ford. I worked at Nike for a bit and if you wore anything but Nike clothes, you better be carrying.

Do you think that people who work at say Ruger might EDC a Glock (or XD or Sig)? Or if you work at S&W and carry an XD?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I worked for GE and my light bulbs, fridge, washer, dryer, etc. were all from other manufacturers.

I hate to admit it ,but sometimes when people that work for one company,but buy a competetitors brand can speak volumes about what they may know but ain't saying
    Spade115 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Look at Detroit. How the Heck do you drive a Honda & build a Chevy? Build a Ford & drive a Toyota? Build a Dodge & smoke pot while drinking beer on break? I had to say it.
    Bark'n and 357and40 like this.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

I would carry what I want to. However I think that at work they might prohibit another companies brand. But for the most part modern guns are pretty reliable. Either way I would not be surprised to see a Glock carrying a Colt. Either way I think that brand loyalty only goes so far and if you are at work I can understand it.

If I had a job at Taurus, I'd still be buying Glocks.
    bigmacque, RMS, jwhite75 and 1 others like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Boss asks what make gun your carrying. Give the PC answer. "Gun?? What gun??!!"

Seriously though, some companies are very strict about what employs buy and use during work hours. I know Coca Cola prohibit their employees from eating at locations that do not sell Coke products. I was doing a job at an office building Coke was moving into. I was drinking an RC Cola at lunch. I was told by a Coke supervisor who happened to show up on site to check progress, to "Get rid of it, or get off site."
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    If I worked at Ruger, I'd be carrying a Sig. Or a Glock... or purt near anything else.

Ruger self defense guns are ugly,heavy,have the trigger pull of a D-9 Cat pulling a tree stump, and they generally suck.

Seriously, how many proffesionals carry Rugers? Not many.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Beat me to it. I was thinking Hi Point, but Taurus will do.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I know a guy who just started working for a gun company. They get a great discount on a gun after a year of employment but he's too new so he's carrying the competition to work. Oddly emough they have no policy about being armed at work.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

I don't think it speaks that much.

Many of my family used to work at the GM Plant here in North Texas and most of them drive other products such as Honda and Toyota. My best friend works at a Toyota dealership and most of the guys there drive all other brands of car.

In most cases I don't think it has anything to do with brand loyalty, rather people either already have certain cars and they can't afford to get new ones when they get jobs, or they simply like the style, features, or price of a different brand better.

I would think the same is true if I worked at a gun manufacturer. But then again, I have lots of different guns of different brands already.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

RKM
    I work for Honda, but I drive a Chevy and a Mitsubishi. Only a few of my co-workers drive or own Honda's. We work there not because we're loyal Honda lovers, but because it's a job. They don't care what we drive. If they did....unless they supplied a Honda to me, they could go screw themselves. Some of the managers and salesmen get demo's.

VIP Member
    If I had a job at Glock, I'd still be carrying my Taurus off the clock. OK - flame on, but I love my PT-145 Pro. It shoots great (a couple of thousand rounds through it), is more concealable than a J frame and just plain fits me.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

If I worked at Taurus I wouldn't tell anyone out of embarrassment.

VIP Member
    It depends on who you are. If you're the guy in the back loading boxes, nobody cares.

If you're a salesman or an executive, you dang well better be sporting company product.

I witnessed an 800K transaction get cancelled because my company shipped the product to the customer (Fedex) via UPS. Oops.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links