Trading for CCW

This is a discussion on Trading for CCW within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; To start off, I usually carry openly, but there are some places where I prefer concealed carry. I mostly OC for comfort and because almost ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Trading for CCW

Trading for CCW

To start off, I usually carry openly, but there are some places where I prefer concealed carry. I mostly OC for comfort and because almost all of my handguns are full-size. When I do CC, I usually pocket carry the P-32 or carry my P-64 or CZ-82 in an IWB holster. All of these guns conceal great, but I'd really like to be able to have a gun in 9x19 or 45 that I could conceal. Oh, I do have a compact 1911, but it's a bit heavy. My XD-9 service is too big to CC, so I thought about trading my Beretta 92FS for an M&P9C. The Beretta doesn't really get carried too often and I've always told myself that it would be the first gun that I would sell or trade.

Also, there is a slight chance that I might be moving to Florida, so I'd be forced to CC there. In that event, I'd really want something that I can easily conceal. I also thought about picking up a Glock 19, but it's similar in size to my XD-9 and because I'm skinny, makes it more difficult than a sub compact to conceal. Would you guys trade a Beretta 92FS for a M&P9c if you wanted something more concealable?

2. Remove Ads

M&P9c & Glock 19 are both excellent choices with a ton of holster options. I carry 1 of the folowing three G19, G23 or G30 IWB with a Crossbreed or Tommy Theis they both work great. I also always go with the horsehide since I sweat like a tropical storm rains.

I'd say you on the right track.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

Absolutely....The M&P 9c is a very comfortable pistol in the hand (i CC'd one for appx 6 months) never a single malfunction of any kind either. Just like my Glock but ill have to agree its more comfortable.....Good Luck
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    Kahr PM45, Glock 19 (3rd Gen) & DiamondBack DB9
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Seems you have the full size guns covered alreaady, so in this case, I'd go ahead with the trade. From everything I've read about them, the M&P is a well built and reliable gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

The Glock-19 is probably your best pick for a 9mmm.
    SpencerB and mwhartman like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

CDH
    Unless you feel the need for a double stack, consider the Kahr CW9. I handled both the CW9 and the CM9 when I ultimately chose the CM9 because it's smaller like I wanted.
    But I have to say; the CW9 with it's slightly longer grip really did feel better in my hand and I would have bought it had I not wanted the slightly smaller CM9.
    You need to go to a gun store and actually handle the CW9 to see what I mean. It's a great carry pistol.

Have you ever thought of a H&K P2000sk?
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Yes I would trade but my choice is the Keltec PF-9.

I would say go with the G19, easily concealable, reliable, and 15+1 capacity. I carry one everyday.

I really want to get something that I can CC, but I'm really afraid I'll miss my Beretta... even though it's pretty much a safe queen.

Quote Originally Posted by mattwestm View Post
    I really want to get something that I can CC, but I'm really afraid I'll miss my Beretta... even though it's pretty much a safe queen.
    You can always get a CC weapon now and buy another Beretta later

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    I would say go with the G19, easily concealable, reliable, and 15+1 capacity. I carry one everyday.
    Agree! That's what I purchased.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

The M&P 9C is one of the most accurate polymer guns you will shoot. While I ususally carry my Glock 19 and 26, I carry the M&P 9C as much as I can in a Galco Kingtuk IWB holster (Crossbreed Super Tuck copy), and it works very well. The M&P feels so good in your hand, you will buy it instead of the Glock if you get to play with them side by side at a gun store. Three interchangeable back straps, great three dot sights, and a glass break trigger make the M&P the gun that gives Glock the best run for their money right now.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Being able to conceal a full size or compact gun is just a combination of finding the right holster, belt, and clothing. Being thin is an advantage, the larger the diameter of your chest is compared to the diameter of your midsection, the easier it is to conceal a pistol because your shirt should drape over your waist.

EX: I'm 5'11" 150lbs. Play find the g17. (hint- I'm right handed and holding the phone in my right hand)

TADA! I've found that AIWB works best for me. It might or might not work for you. A reasonably thin person wearing an untucked shirt simply isn't trying if they think they can't conceal a g19.
    I collect ammo, not guns.

Since I already own an XD-9 service, I thought about picking up a XD-9SC. How do people like the subcompact XDs? I believe SA is running the free magazine deal that they ran last year. It would be nice to be able to share magazines and also receive free mags.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links