Defensive Carry banner

TruGlo fiber optic night sights or traditional night sights?

6K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Philly Boy 
#1 ·
I asked here a couple of week ago about the fiber optic night sights made by TruGlo and the general concenious was they are great sights. I'm wanting to know for those here who have both these and a set of traditional night sights like meprolites for example how do the fiber optic ones compare to these,and which would you say are the better sights and why?

#3 ·
I have meprolite, trijicon, and tru glo. At night there's not a lot of difference between them. The tru glo really comes into it's own in bright daylight. The brighter the light hitting them the more they shine. I really like them.

#4 ·
Yup. ^^^

Like my TFOs better than traditional night sights.

Only down side is that they are long, so they don't work well with smaller (shorter length) pistols - they shorten the sight radius too much. But on larger pistols, they are great.

Have 'em on my Glock 26.

#11 ·
I have a pair on my Stainless II. The first set didn't survive a cleaning with gunscrubber. That's my fault. The second set I filled the crevasts with expoxy as I heard the sometimes pop out from rough handling. They have great day and night visibility. Wish I had the yellow rear vils instead of three green dots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I have a Sig P 226 and P229 in their SCT series which came with a TFO front sight and a set of SIGLITE night sites in the rear. LOVE this config. In daylight the TFO glows and gives you something to focus on. At night its a very slight shade brighter then the SIGLITEs on the back.

#12 ·
I have some on a Gen 4 G17 and they are great. As mentioned prior, they really come alive in the day time. Per night they are as good as any other brand as well. Mine seem pretty sturdy as they have a metal cover over the fiber optic piece.

#14 ·
I, like chalk316, have them on a Sig P229 SCT (TG front sight, tritium rear). The TruGlo is very bright in daylight and slightly brighter than the tritium vials in dark conditions; the dot portion is also much larger on the TG, more than double the size of the tritium. I like that the TG front stands out over the tritium rear dots. Some night sights don't offer the white rings around the tritium vials and these don't work as well in daylight conditions. I prefer tritium vials incased in a white background over those that don't show up in daytime. The fiber optic on my TruGlo seems durable and hasn't been damaged so far, but I'm not overly rough on my weapons.

#15 ·
My M&PC 9mm has Trijicon night sights and I find them to be great for me: easy to see in daylight and really bright at night--- can't go wrong with these!:image035:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.