new tools

new tools

This is a discussion on new tools within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all, just picked up a smith m&p 45 and an lcr 357. shot both tonight. the 45 was awesome and the lcr will take ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new tools

new tools

Hey all, just picked up a smith m&p 45 and an lcr 357. shot both tonight. the 45 was awesome and the lcr will take some getting used to. 38 loads feel great, but i shot some corbon 110gr. and holy moses that was rough lol. I'm excited to add them to my stable.

Congrats! I feel you on the LCR. My S&W 442 Airweight was a pain (literally) to shoot with hardcore loads.

Two new guns? Congrats
    What did you tell the wife?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

She doesn;t know yet but I sold my 1911 to pay for them.

I think I might try the speer gold dots for the lcr, see how that feels

Wow, Christmas in September! Enjoy.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gorilla45 View Post
    She doesn;t know yet but I sold my 1911 to pay for them.

I think I might try the speer gold dots for the lcr, see how that feels
    Congrats on the new guns.

As to trying the Speer rounds it really isn't going to make much different. Any full bore .357 load is going to be brutal to shoot out of something as small and light as the LCR.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Congrats on the new guns.

As to trying the Speer rounds it really isn't going to make much different. Any full bore .357 load is going to be brutal to shoot out of something as small and light as the LCR.
    Agreed...my 340M&P is like a firecracker going off in your hand. I do use the Gold Dot Short Barrel 135 grain and it is goo dstuff though. Highly recommend it for SD load.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Congrats on two new additions to your family.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Congrats on the new weapons!
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

Sold both my LCR .357 and LCP--- didn't like recoil and I don't miss either one! Now have a Beretta Inox Tomcat .32 acp and it is fun to shoot and it will handle it's main job well(BUG and occasional carry depending on circumstances).
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Yeah... that LCR is gonna suck no matter what .357 load you put through it. Never handled one myself, but I've seen a few. And, closest I have fired to one is a J-frame S&W. THAT was a mess. My grouping was WONDERFUL. Most of my fingers on the trigger hand were bruised. It was just too light, even with 'light' .38 loads. I made the mistake of '.357 can't be THAT bad'. About 45 seconds later, I realized just how little I underestimated the .357 mag.

Wonderful looking little guns, seems like it would make a wonderful BUG. I just don't think I could carry one myself. You obviously like it, and it sounds like it works fairly well for you. Congratulations on you two new toys, I hope you enjoy them, and have lots of fun on the range. (The only place you should ever 'have' to pull a trigger)
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

thanks you guys. Yeah the corbon 110gr were brutal. I tried the short barrel 135gr gold dots tonight. They weren't bad at all, I actually liked shooting them, so I kept a few to carry with. Still playing with the backstraps on the m&p, function tested my usual 200gr gold dots and corbons. All is well.

now I'm just trying to find carry holsters for both. owb

well, I informed the wife that I used the money from the sale to buy 2 new guns and she was pissed. then i showed her the lcr and she said "ooh, cool!" all is cool. heading to the range to put them through the paces again. I don't carry a firearm unless i have at least 500 rounds through. got holsters for both should be here next week.

Distinguished Member Array Haywood's Avatar
    I shoot my LCR357 with 125 grain JHP 357 loads. I have more than 500 rounds through it. The Tamer Grip makes it painless. If you don't like recoil you won't like shooting 357 Snubs. I on the other hand do most of my shooting with 357 Snubs. Recoil doesn't bother me. Pain dose so, I make sure the Grips are good and fit me. I carry my SP101 as main gun and the LCR357 as back up. I have been thinking of buying a second LCR357 and carrying Two.

I've been shooting 45acp since I was 7 so recoil isn't in the lcr isn't bad. i've been shooting 135gr gold dots and 125gr practice ammo. It's not bad at all. I haven't had a snubbie in years. I love it. the m&p 45 is nice too. groups with both are getting smaller.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links