Sale at LGS

Sale at LGS

This is a discussion on Sale at LGS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Advice. I wanted to buy a glock. Why I dunno, just because. Anyway the LGS is having a sale on police trade ins. Would you ...

Thread: Sale at LGS

Sale at LGS

Advice. I wanted to buy a glock. Why I dunno, just because. Anyway the LGS is having a sale on police trade ins. Would you buy one or spend the extra hundred plus tax for a new one?

All depends on the condition of the used gun in question

VIP Member
    It really does depend on the condition.

My personal observation is that the little buggers retain their value and don't seem to drop below $400. Given that I can get new around $500, I've always bought 'em new.

VIP Member
    I have 2 Glocks. I bought 1 used as a police trade in that was factory refurbished and had the pre-ban mags (back when there was a ban). The other I bought new. While I like the one I bought new better, (gen 3 .45 v gen 2 .40), I have had absolutely no issues with the one I bought used. Of course, we don't have the pre-ban issues with mags anymore, so the value equation changes a bit, but I would buy a used Glock again as long as it was the model & generation I wanted.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    I have 2 Glocks. I bought 1 used as a police trade in that was factory refurbished and had the pre-ban mags (back when there was a ban). The other I bought new. While I like the one I bought new better, (gen 3 .45 v gen 2 .40), I have had absolutely no issues with the one I bought used. Of course, we don't have the pre-ban issues with mags anymore, so the value equation changes a bit, but I would buy a used Glock again as long as it was the model & generation I wanted.
    Agreed, I have 3 Glocks 22, 27 & 30 I bought the 22 police used and the other two new, I have put far more rounds throught the 22 than the others. I have had no issues; in fact I had the 22 checked out at GSSF event where the armorer said the pistol was in great shape.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

most Police trade ins have been carried a lot, but not shot all that much. If the Glock only has a little holster wear and is not in too bad shape, then I would consider it.

I defintely would not pay over $350 for a used Police Glock, but I've seen them for $450 and up. In that case, I'd spend the extra money and just get a new one. I bought one of my Glock 19's LNIB for $400....but I know Glocks, and this gun was barely fired. Still had the red grease in the slide that Glock uses.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by ampinf View Post
    Advice. I wanted to buy a glock. Why I dunno, just because. Anyway the LGS is having a sale on police trade ins. Would you buy one or spend the extra hundred plus tax for a new one?
    If your LGS is my LGS, I saw that. I'd like a 19 but the deal wasn't quite sweet enough for me. They have had some sales lately though, I want to see what's next!

I would personally buy new for my CCW if it will be EDC. Just for more "prettiness" if that can be had with a Glock.

Overall tey have earned their reliability rep for a reason. Even if they look cosmetically bad, they will still tick like a Timex. That being said I am look at buying an LE trade G17 for my BOB gun.

In short if you dot mid how it looks if it is cosmetically a little blemished...buy it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    I wouldn't have any problems buying a police trade-in. If you think about it, it's probably just getting broken-in. A little holster wear gives a gun some character, as far as I'm concerned. If it's the model you're looking for, go for it...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I purchased a Judge from my LGS but it had not been shot. Therefore, I had no reservations with making the purchase.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Links