Most reliable single-stack 9mm sub-compact? - Page 11

Most reliable single-stack 9mm sub-compact?

This is a discussion on Most reliable single-stack 9mm sub-compact? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SGFvr Walther PPS in 9mm...quality out of the box, and durability that matches the best out there....I have thousands of round through ...

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Most reliable single-stack 9mm sub-compact?

Quote Originally Posted by SGFvr View Post
    Walther PPS in 9mm...quality out of the box, and durability that matches the best out there....I have thousands of round through mine with 0 issues...I had no "break-in period" and it runs flawless with everything its fed, wet or dirty....I believe this is one of the top (one or two) ss 9mm's out there for reliability and long term durability!
    +1 for the Walther PPS in 9mm

Wife and I both have LC9 and they have been flawless.

I just picked up a Kahr CM9 for something a bit lighter than the XD9sc. Havent yet put anything through it, but hope that it will function well enough to replace the XD for carry. I took it apart this evening to get the excess oil wiped off it and run a patch through the barrel, but probably wont clean it untill the 200 rounds have gone through it.

I have two Kahr CW9s which have had hundreds of rounds through them and both have been flawless. HPs and FMJs, 115, 124, and 147 gr., standard and +P. Not a single problem, even through the "break in" period. I trust my life to these pistols.

My Shield has been flawless with about 300 rounds.....

Little Kahr P9 and PM9. Over 850 rounds and not a one issue. I start to spend too much money on ammo since I got these two.
    Vodek

The P290 doesn't seem as popular as i would expect- i've seen one complaint about the trigger, but other than that, very little information. It's priced like a sig, but generally competitive with the other subcompact 9mm's, and it's on the very small end of that size range. Why not more interest i wonder? I don't own one, but i've shot one and i'm considering picking one up.

I really like my Ruger LC9. Bought it new, and have put 200+ rounds downrange without any major incident or issue. The long trigger pull takes a bit of time to get used to, in addition to the additional magazine-safety issue. Still, its compact size and light weight make it an ideal conceal choice for me. The laser max, once properly synchronized, makes for a very accurate shot group.

I initially was looking for a Smith and Wesson "Shield" but went for the Ruger instead. Am pleased with the purchase.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    I owned and carried a Kel Tec PF9 and never had a problem with it except I did not like it.

To much gun for pocket carry and not enough gun to justify IWB carry in my opinion.

Now carry a Glock 36 45acp 6+1 single stack carried in IWB and it just feels right and is Glock dependable.

Instead of single stack 9mm why not carry a single stack 45acp with just a small amount of difference in size and weight.
    Dang! Just had one of those "aha!" moments as I waded through this thread. Thanks!!
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Another vote for the PPS, I love mine.

I used to carry an XDSC 9mm, which I still have. I've since changed to a Sig P239 in 9mm which I dearly love. Shoots great, accurate, comfortable to shoot, easy to conceal and the weight difference is negligible IMHO with the proper holster. To me, weight and even size is not that big of an issue when comparing the Sig with a Kahr or some off the other guns mentioned. YMMV.
    "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Skate View Post
    Another vote for the PPS, I love mine.

Me too.

I'm really hoping to find an M&P Shield 9mm before Spring gets here. My XD9SC is fine for CC in the winter months because jackets and extra clothing compensate for the bulkiness of it. When temps get warmer I'll need something slimmer and lighter for IWB carry and have heard nothing but praise for the Shields. They're just so scarce right now. Really hope S&W ramps up production and starts moving some of these soon.

Quote Originally Posted by llmstratocaster View Post
    I'm really hoping to find an M&P Shield 9mm before Spring gets here. My XD9SC is fine for CC in the winter months because jackets and extra clothing compensate for the bulkiness of it. When temps get warmer I'll need something slimmer and lighter for IWB carry and have heard nothing but praise for the Shields. They're just so scarce right now. Really hope S&W ramps up production and starts moving some of these soon.
    I carry an XD40sc every day, never had any issue with the bulk... except in my 'snugger' pants. If I laid off the cookies, then it wouldn't be an issue...
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Most reliable single-stack 9mm sub-compact?

I have right around a thousand rounds through my Beretta Nano without a failure of any kind. I carry it far more than my XD9sc.
    phreddy likes this.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Links