S&W M&P 9 Compact >>>>>

This is a discussion on S&W M&P 9 Compact >>>>> within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the range today and tried one and I really like this gun I was really pretty accurate with it I know that ...

Thread: S&W M&P 9 Compact >>>>>

Thumbs up S&W M&P 9 Compact >>>>>

I went to the range today and tried one and I really like this gun I was really pretty accurate with it I know that it is a striker fired pistol but my questions are:

1. Is the trigger SA or DA ?? It felt like SA but I am no expert.

2. They had a used 40S&W Compact for sale, if I were to purchase do they have any barrels to shoot 9mm and .357Sig ??

Thanks for any info. God Bless

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe the M&P is considered a DOA trigger. As for the ability to change out barrels, I believe the .357 Sig barrel will fit the .40 frame, but the 9mm won't.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

For a while I strongly considered an M&P40 compact for a carry and did a lot of investigating. Here are some of the things I found out. First off, it is DAO. Second, if you buy the .40 cal it can be convered to .357 SIG by changing barrels. The mag remains the same. You can also convert it to 9mm by changing the barrel and magazine. The adaptor barrels are made made by an aftermarket company called (I believe) Lake. Lots of guys are using them. The M&P's also have a very good reputation for reliability right out of the box and do not require a "break in" period.

Links