Walther PPS vs. Glock 36

This is a discussion on Walther PPS vs. Glock 36 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The 36 is a great CCW. The recoil is not bad at all. I can get fast follow up shots with no problems. The 26 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walther PPS vs. Glock 36

The 36 is a great CCW. The recoil is not bad at all. I can get fast follow up shots with no problems. The 26 IS faster on follow up shots, but it is 9mm. I carry them both. They are both easy to carry and conceal. If you like the Glock platform then get the 36. But honestly, there is no DRASTIC difference in carrying the 26 or 36 as far as comfort. I may give a slight edge to the 36 for comfort, and 26 for capacity.

But since you have already purchased the PPS, maybe you should give it a fair chance.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Based on a prior experience with a P99 series I'm a bit skidderish with the finicky nature of Walthers'. Still, I do like the profile and balance of the PPS. I owned the Glock 36 and it never failed to feed but it was a handful on recoil. Today I'm older so I'm still flippin' coins as to a low-profile compact.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Started with the PPS 40 and never looked back. It is reliable and have shot 3000 + rounds and now have the XS sights, Perfect CC handgun.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    It is a 9mm. It chokes, Fails to Feed, on Speer Gold Dot and Ranger T series. Any hard ball (±500 rounds) runs like bacon through a Goose, but on JHP it hangs between the receiver feed ramp and the barrel feed ramp. Two besides myself, one is an armorer for a LGS/R here in Nevada and the other is a PD armorer in Cali, went thru the magazines and that wasn't the problem. No limp wrist as they both bench presses over 200lbs. I guess I won the Walther's Lemon of the Year, but S & W CS leaves alot to be desired also. Thought I'd save a couple of hundred and get a smaller form factor than my HK.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SGFvr View Post
    onacoma....was your PPS the .40 or the 9mm? Issues with the 9mm are extremely rare...did you buy it used?
    See post above and it was NEW.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

I went with Glock 36 and could not be happier.

Hope you find and fix the problem with your PPS.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

VIP Member
    The PPS is a good choice. The Glock 36 is just about the same size overall as the Glock 19. The dimensions may be just a bit smaller on paper, but the PPS feels and carries like a much smaller gun than the 36. The PPS magazines are also quite a bit thinner than the Glock 36 mags.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links