XDm sights

This is a discussion on XDm sights within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I shot the newest aquisition the other day. 100 rounds of WWB and a couple magazines of Ranger-T +P. No malfunctions of any kind. While ...

Thread: XDm sights

XDm sights

I shot the newest aquisition the other day. 100 rounds of WWB and a couple magazines of Ranger-T +P. No malfunctions of any kind. While an XDm full size is a big gun, I do plan to carry it. It will also be the main competition gun, as 9 ammo is cheaper than 40 or 357 SIG. But, to be blunt, the factory sights suck hard. The rear notch is very narrow, making the front sight slow to aquire. I think fiber optics are the way to go. Night sights would be OK, but after shooting a friend's XDm with fiber optics, I would prefer them over tritium. Or maybe TFO's are the way to go. Have looked at Dawson, Heinie, Hi-Viz, Warren, and Tru Glo. Having heard that a sight install on an XDm is not for the faint of heart, and I darn sure want it done well, I suspect I will send the slide to a pro. Any recommendations on what to get and where to send it would be appreciated. Gordy's in Pella, Iowa or Gary's in Sioux Falls, SD are the closest, but would consider anywhere that does good work.

2. Remove Ads

Robar in Arizona should be able to take care of any issue.

JD
    Administrator
    I'm pretty sure that Brownells will install sights. Personally, I'd just send my slide out to Heinie and get the .156" rear.

Shooting in Ames today by any chance?

Links