Beretta Nano - redux - Page 2

Beretta Nano - redux

This is a discussion on Beretta Nano - redux within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by QKShooter Did you actually watch the video? Probably not. That feature is really intended to be used so that disassembly/ field stripping ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Beretta Nano - redux

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Did you actually watch the video?
    Probably not.

That feature is really intended to be used so that disassembly/ field stripping can be accomplished without having to pull the trigger al la GLOCK.

Its secondary function is that it can also be used as an optional safety.

Some times you folks type comments a bit too quickly.

Your post doesnt make to much sense to me here. I dont care if its primary function is to make my wife 5 times more beautiful, if it can cause my gun not to fire, I don't want it on a pocket carry.
    Rollo and vn6869 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post
    I'm amazed that some people here are allowed to handle firearms when they can't read..........

The NANO DOES NOT have an "internal lock" - it has a recessed decocking mechanism WHICH YOU ONLY USE WHEN YOU WANT TO FIELDSTRIP THE GUN.

Personally I don't field strip my guns after every 50 rd box of ammo.

Also -lack of a manual slide lock doesn't compromise the function of the weapon.

I'm amazed that some people are allowed to handle a firearm when they cant comprehend what they read... Push the button, the gun doesn't go bang any more. It's a internal safety. I don't care what they call it a striker de-cocker or a internal safety.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

eb
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I'm amazed that some people are allowed to handle a firearm when they cant comprehend what they read... Push the button, the gun doesn't go bang any more. It's a internal safety. I don't care what they call it a striker de-cocker or a internal safety.
    Yeah exactly, the video touted it as a means to disable the firearm. Its not like pulling the trigger on other guns to break them down is such a hard task.

As long as it's significantly more compact than my default carry Glock 27's, I'm very interested.
    Not to replace my G27's, but to supplement them. This just might be the closest thing to a single stack Glock in 9mm/.40 we'll ever see (That trigger sure looks familiar).

I am VERY reluctant to give Kahr a second chance after my costly experience with their P380, so I'm relieved to see an alternative on the horizon that just might be reliable from the first round fired. (I'll still shoot it a few hundred rounds to CONFIRM its reliability though)

Most Beretta pistols have a good reputation for reliability, but are too bulky for their caliber IMHO. It looks like this one bucks that trend. I'll probably step down to a 9mm for the extra round though. Besides, the .40 could be quite a lot to hold onto with such a small grip.

Good to see it's "Made in USA" too.

Thanks azchevy for the comparisons.

I was most interested in the Nano vs PF9. As I just purchased a PF9.
    I noticed in the comparison, that i left a few things out, such as the light rail on the PF9 and
    that the Nano has the Glock style trigger safety.

I too wonder about the trigger pull on the Nano, as the trigger pull on the PF9 is notoriously heavy.

Is the Nano really worth $200, or is it because it is a Beretta?
    Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by vn6869 View Post
    Is the Nano really worth $200, or is it because it is a Beretta?
    Time will tell.

Where did you see that the price is $200 for the Nano ??? Please let us know as I would get one. God Bless

Please send me one for $200....right away.
    C hawk Glock likes this.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Administrator
    Who said that it could cause this particular pistol not to fire?
    Where did you get actual evidence of that?

I have a GREAT idea! ~ How about....let's wait until the very first BERETTA NANO does not fire due to it being there...before we jump to any conclusions that are not yet reality based.

Just because a particular FORD vehicle had a "door lock problem" - that could cause the door not to open - does that mean that Chevy should take all of the locks off of their car doors even if their door locks are not mechanically identical or similar to the problematic FORD door locks? Wouldn't that be stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers View Post
    Your post doesnt make to much sense to me here. I dont care if its primary function is to make my wife 5 times more beautiful, if it can cause my gun not to fire, I don't want it on a pocket carry.
    C hawk Glock and OD* like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Who said that it could cause this particular pistol not to fire?
    Where did you get actual evidence of that?

I have a GREAT idea! ~ How about....let's wait until the very first BERETTA NANO does not fire due to it being there...before we jump to any conclusions that are not yet reality based.

Just because a particular FORD vehicle had a "door lock problem" - that could cause the door not to open - does that mean that Chevy should take all of the locks off of their car doors even if their door locks are not mechanically identical or similar to the problematic FORD door locks? Wouldn't that be stupid?
    When I start to worry about my door not opening as a life threatening situation(can climb out a window ect.), then your comparison would hold water. A pocket or micro self defense gun that has any resemblance of a internal lock will not receive a purchase from me.

Administrator
    OK - Allow me to give you a better and closer example.

Historically (and this is an established fact) many pistols that were "striker fired" were totally unreliable & often incredibly cheap with regard to some even featuring "pot metal" slides and the lowest quality metal castings.

They were considered to be "bottom of the line" & were plagued with various assorted malfunction problems but the vast majority of those malf problems being directly attributed to their spring loaded striker mechanism.

The guns were basically considered to be possibly one level up from being total junk.

Now...travel back with me into time to the first day that the Glock pistol was introduced.

Here we are back in time....& QKShooter sees the GLOCK handgun for the very first time.

CRIPES! When Are They Going To Stop Making Striker Fired Handguns For Self Defense!!!!
    They never work right. They are totally unreliable. You can't stake your life on them. They always suffer from light primer strikes! AND...if THAT isn't bad enough...this Glock thing that they are calling a handgun is made from doggone PLASTIC!
    Count me out! ~ I'll never buy one!

Striker fired....plastic...Not Even Pot Metal...it can't be anything else BUT garbage.

But, HOW can that be so? The Glock is one of the most reliable functioning handguns that exists today!

Could that be because the GLOCK engineers designed a Striker Firing mechanism actually WORKS when previously the others did not?

I guess they did & I rest my case.

Some of us prefer our defensive guns to be as simple, mechanically, as possible.

Fact is that every part has a certain probability of failure. The more parts there are, the greater the total probability of the entire machine malfunctioning due to the failure of one of its parts.

Adding a part that, in the view of many, is completely unnecessary, increases the probability of failure for no return. This is especially true when the very purpose of the part is to render the machine inoperable - that is, incapable of firing.

Maybe Beretta has engineered this "striker defeat button" such that, if it were to fail, the default would be for the gun to remain capable of firing - that is, it would fire, but you would not be able to "safe" it until the "button" got fixed.

In any case, given the choice between a (smaller) PM9/CM9 with an external slide lock and no "striker defeat button" and a Nano - I'd take the Kahr (which is saying something, coming from me).

It would seem that there is little chance of the "button" getting pressed by accident - but weird things happen some times.

Of course, this is all a nice little academic discussion for me - the Nano is more like a PF9 in size than a PM9, and thus, does not fall into the "pocket pistol" category, as far as I am concerned.

I'm glad Beretta is in the market, but the size is just not quite there.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by eb View Post
    Hey mrecanatini, does the Nano have a magazine disconnect by the way? I can't seem to find a definitive answer on that, but maybe just looking in the wrong places. That one is a deal killer for a carry gun for me...
    No, it does not.

Looks like the closest thing to a single stack Glock I've seen, and compares favorably to the PPS with regards dimensions and price.
    You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter
    Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Looks like a G26 to me, nothing new here, nothing to see... Nano =s more Beretta JUNK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This does seem like an interesting little gun. I like most everything about it. Time will tell if it is a good design.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links