Beretta Nano - redux

This is a discussion on Beretta Nano - redux within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In response to an email sent by me, Benetta says the Nano can be used with +p 9mm ammunition....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Beretta Nano - redux

+p Ammo

In response to an email sent by me, Benetta says the Nano can be used with +p 9mm ammunition.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TexEsq View Post
    In response to an email sent by me, Benetta says the Nano can be used with +p 9mm ammunition.
    Good to hear - this Nano is shaping up to be an intriguing little option.

I am really excited by this new gun. Just hope it lives up to expectations. I wanted a "pocket 9" and have gone thru a few trying to find what works best for me. Currently use a Colt Defender but it is a tad heavy, although in a Galco pancake holster I don't notice it. But, IWB is not as comfortable. Also, I personally just don't like "cocked and locked" ... but sure don't like "chamber empty".

Bought a Kahr CM9 as "the" solution. Fired a lot of ammo and never found a mix that was totally dependable. The person that I sold it to, with full disclosure of my concerns, just said that was typical for a mini 9. Finiky. However, I just can not use a finiky gun for defensive carry. Maybe having something a little larger makes it harder to actually pocket carry, but if it makes it utterly dependable, that is a tradeoff I am willing to make.

Never had a Beretta, but my hopes are high that this will be dependable, light and easily concealed, even if not quite right for pocket carry.

- DS

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I pack a G26 (love that little gun, shoot it well, especially double taps as fast as I can pull the trigger) or an LCP (which is in the contest for most concealable gun on the planet and much better than nothing at all for defense).

I'm looking for a small slim 9mm in between the G26 and LCP that will allow me to pack a 9 when I can't hide the G26 but could hide more than the LCP which happens surprisingly often, especially in the summer. That seems to be the target market for the Beretta Nano (BN), so it is on the short list with the CM9 (which Gun test says has a better trigger than the PF9 and CW9), SIG P290. The LC9, PF9, CW9, Kimber Solo, and PM9 are off the list.

I won't even reach for my wallet till the P290, CM9 and Nano have been on the market for a year or so and all have been tested bu Gun test magazine. The CM9 did well in a Gun test review. Kimber may fix the problems with the Solo, the recent American Rifleman review indicated that was the case, but trust is a hard thing to re-establish once lost, and the Solo lost it at least for me.

Back to the BN, I didn't see anything in the video or the recent article about it in G&A that turned me off. And there were some things I liked the sound of, overbuilt, for example.

Nobody has said much about the trigger. The deal maker/breaker for me is the trigger. I purely hated the long light lost in a fog trigger pull on the LC9, CW9, and PM9 that I have fired. I owned the LC9 for almost a whole week. I wanted to like the LC9 but it had that terrible trigger, and wasn't really very small. Big dissapointment. I love the short reset trigger on my G26 and G19. If the trigger is even close to the Glock trigger in feel it would make "the" difference.

Fitch
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post
    I'm amazed that some people here are allowed to handle firearms when they can't read..........

The NANO DOES NOT have an "internal lock" - it has a recessed decocking mechanism WHICH YOU ONLY USE WHEN YOU WANT TO FIELDSTRIP THE GUN.

:
    This. Based on his description, this is more of a decocking mechanism than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockwatcher View Post
    mrecanatini,

So, when may we expect to actually see one of these at a dealer, and when will they be shipping in quantity?
    Guns will be shipping at the end of October. We're making as many as the assembly and production lines allow, but we do not "trickle" product out, so it will come out in quantities to begin with (again: within production limitations) - We have already pre-sold all of our 2011 and much of our 2012 capacity, so you might want to grab them while you see them :)

Quote Originally Posted by TexEsq View Post
    In response to an email sent by me, Beretta says the Nano can be used with +p 9mm ammunition.
    Remember that +P is not an ideal daily diet for any gun. Use +P for defensive purposes, but opt for a lighter pressure round for everyday, range use.

@mrecanatini - will the .40 cal version have a .357 sig barrel swap option? That would make my "i would really like" to a "must have."
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

Just a quick post. Bud's is showing the Nano 'out of stock' but you can add it to a wish list. They list price as $398.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderBra View Post
    @mrecanatini - will the .40 cal version have a .357 sig barrel swap option? That would make my "i would really like" to a "must have."
    unfortunately not. But I have forwarded your comment to R&D.
    Guns have shipped to our warehouse this week, and we'll start delivery to dealers/distributors immediately after.

VIP Member
    I'm interested and looking forward to seeing one up close.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Does anyone know if this gun will be available in California?

Nevermind, I just stopped by my local Beretta dealer and he informed me that it will NOT be on the California list! Gotta love this messed up state.

Quote Originally Posted by leros View Post
    Nevermind, I just stopped by my local Beretta dealer and he informed me that it will NOT be on the California list! Gotta love this messed up state.
    I usually do not take gun shops words for anything. They are wrong most of the time. Do more research to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I usually do not take gun shops words for anything. They are wrong most of the time. Do more research to confirm.
    Yes I plan on it, although it's basically impossible to get a CCW here I want one of these to carry.

I recently bought a Ruger MKIII 22/45 online and had it shipped to a local shop to complete the transfer, unfortunately the model I bought wasn't on the Cali list (only difference was removable grips) but the shop was able to install a block where the mag fits and register it as a single shot. Completely legal and quite possible one of the last loopholes here. Might be able to do the same with this one if not one "the list".

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links