Beretta Nano - redux

This is a discussion on Beretta Nano - redux within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The M&P has a sear deactivation lever and I've never heard of one tying up a gun. HK USP's come with internal locks and I've ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Beretta Nano - redux

Distinguished Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    The M&P has a sear deactivation lever and I've never heard of one tying up a gun.

HK USP's come with internal locks and I've never heard of one accidentally tying up a gun.

Even Glocks are available with an internal lock and I've never heard of one tying up a gun.

I'm not sure why this sear deactivation lever is a big deal when the gun hasn't even been released yet. What's the big deal?

Jim

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop putting internal locking systems on defensive hand guns. Please?
    Yep..
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I believe that nano stands for grandfather in Italian. That's what I called my grandfather and it's said Na No. I like the pistol looks very glock which I like but I hear that the trigger is 9 lbs and that's way too heavy. Very revolver like I guess not like 5 lb trigger from glock which I am use to. Like to see one. I think Beretta makes very well made guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cocojo View Post
    I believe that nano stands for grandfather in Italian.
    "Grandfather" in Italian is "nonno."

"Nano" refers to things that are small - like "nanobots" - really tiny robots.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Usual carry - Ruger SP101 .357 DAO snub + LCR .38

Hi guys - I wanted to let you know that we have just posted a new video in "The Nano Project" series. This one's about endurance. Here it is: BerettaCommunity's Channel - YouTube

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Nice !!!!

I like it more and more, now just to get my hands on one and test it myself.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    More competition in the compact carry handgun market is good for the consumer. But gimicky safety features or whatever you want to call it are not for me. KISS principle is always best for CC guns.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by mrecanatini View Post
    Hi guys - I wanted to let you know that we have just posted a new video in "The Nano Project" series. This one's about endurance. Here it is: BerettaCommunity's Channel - YouTube
    Looks great, can't wait to try one out!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyCCW View Post
    Looks great, can't wait to try one out!
    Yes I would also, unfortunately I heard from Beretta today and this little Nano WILL NOT be available in California. Great state I live in, man this place sucks for people that like guns! What a bummer :(

Pretty impressive.
    Looking forward to a 'hands-on' look.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by leros View Post
    Yes I would also, unfortunately I heard from Beretta today and this little Nano WILL NOT be available in California. Great state I live in, man this place sucks for people that like guns! What a bummer :(
    Actually, Beretta IS going to release a Nano for CA, per a post by Matteo on The Beretta Forum. But, it will be a different SKU, and will be released later than the "non-Californicated" version.
    Visit my Winchester Ranger Talon page for current pricing.

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    First post ever so here goes ... so any help full suggestions will be welcomed

I am also looking for a mini-9mm to step-up to fit between my LCP and g26

Was looking at the CM9 but after reading the CM/PM postings on the Kahr forum there are too many posted issues for my comfort zone, seems like its a 60%+ chance that you'll get one with issues ... The LC9 has too many doo-dads for my taste like to keep it simple ... the PF9 has gotten a lot of good reviews and the price is right so that if I'm not happy with it and if I desire to sell it to get something else I will not take as much of a loss as if I were to get a CM9 and do not like it

Beretta's Nano is about to hit the market place shelves in the next 2 or 3 weeks at a what seems to be a reasonable price. So I can wait another 2 or 3 weeks to compare it to the PF9

I would just like to get something to replace the 380acp LCP for those times I can't easily conceal my g26

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    First post ever so here goes ... so any help full suggestions will be welcomed

I am also looking for a mini-9mm to step-up to fit between my LCP and g26

Was looking at the CM9 but after reading the CM/PM postings on the Kahr forum there are too many posted issues for my comfort zone, seems like its a 60%+ chance that you'll get one with issues ... The LC9 has too many doo-dads for my taste like to keep it simple ... the PF9 has gotten a lot of good reviews and the price is right so that if I'm not happy with it and if I desire to sell it to get something else I will not take as much of a loss as if I were to get a CM9 and do not like it

Beretta's Nano is about to hit the market place shelves in the next 2 or 3 weeks at a what seems to be a reasonable price. So I can wait another 2 or 3 weeks to compare it to the PF9

I would just like to get something to replace the 380acp LCP for those times I can't easily conceal my g26
    Take a look at the SIG P290. I had a chance to handle one last Monday. The trigger was a little gritty, but much shorter pull than the LC9 (that I sold) and the Kahr's I've tried at the range. I'm waiting to handle a Nano before I make a choice though.

What I'd like is a 9mm Colt Mustang, or for SIG to make a P238 equivelant in 9mm with that nice single action trigger. Or a single stack 9mm Pocket Glock with a slide 0.9" thick, or less.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    some Academy stores now have the nano in stock.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links