Beretta Nano - redux

This is a discussion on Beretta Nano - redux within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi guys; I wanted to let you know that the Beretta Nano video is finally released. You can find it here: vid added to post ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Beretta Nano - redux

Cool Beretta Nano - redux

Hi guys;

I wanted to let you know that the Beretta Nano video is finally released. You can find it here:

vid added to post by qks

Also: if you check out our Facebook page (Beretta Nano | Facebook), you can enter for a chance to win one 1-Year subscription to Guns&Ammo EVERY day for 60 days, plus a Nano at the end of the 60-day period.

Hope you enjoy!

Matteo Recanatini
    Social Media Manager
    Beretta USA Corp.

2. Remove Ads

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop putting internal locking systems on defensive hand guns. Please?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop putting internal locking systems on defensive hand guns. Please?
    I know, this is ridiculous.

eb
    I'd like to know who these people are with loaded guns around the house that need to "deactivate" them. Lock them up you big dummies!

That said, this gun looks very cool. I LOVE my PX4 Storm, so this is of great interest to me. I'll be checking one out when they are available.

So because it doesn't have a slide release lever that means I can pull back on the slide with either hand to release the slide?

Yeah I'm not crazy about the internal lock mechanism, there are some pretty inventive toddlers out there, I don't see this stopping them for long. I would likely never use the lock, but it is something else that could malfunction. What is the big whoop about not having to pull the trigger before diassembling the gun? If you fear the gun firing then you skipped the most important step in gun cleaning. Also what is the deal with having to use a tool to remove the slide?

Other than that it looks promising.

Thanks for posting!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    I think the nano looks sweet. I would love to see how the size stacks up to the market.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

It being a 9mm I would consider it,but it depends on the price compared to other comparable guns
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

eb
    Hey mrecanatini, does the Nano have a magazine disconnect by the way? I can't seem to find a definitive answer on that, but maybe just looking in the wrong places. That one is a deal killer for a carry gun for me...

"Less than 20 oz loaded" - that is right on top of the PM9/CM9

User adjustable sights - nice

Slide locks open when empty, but no external slide lock lever - eh, not sure about that, I can see pros and cons either way

Price - competitive

Chassis system - seems like you will be able to change the gun into a larger version with a kit, similar to the Sig P250...nice, as long as the kit price is less than buying a whole new pistol

Size - IIRC, the PM9/CM9 is still a bit smaller. Not sure the Nano qualifies as a "pocket pistol"

Internal lock - bummer

Overall impression so far is...nice...but would have been better if it was a wee bit smaller in size. Don't think I'll be trading my PM9 for one, BUT maybe my wife will be interested in one - after they've been out for a year or so to work out any bugs.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Even with some of the above-mentioned drawbacks, the nano is intriguing.
    I wonder what kind of trigger it'll have.
    Any educated guesses on this?
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    I'm amazed that some people here are allowed to handle firearms when they can't read..........

The NANO DOES NOT have an "internal lock" - it has a recessed decocking mechanism WHICH YOU ONLY USE WHEN YOU WANT TO FIELDSTRIP THE GUN.

Personally I don't field strip my guns after every 50 rd box of ammo.

Also -lack of a manual slide lock doesn't compromise the function of the weapon.

OD*, Fitch and gunthorp like this.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post
    I'm amazed that some people here are allowed to handle firearms when they can't read..........

The NANO DOES NOT have an "internal lock" - it has a recessed decocking mechanism WHICH YOU ONLY USE WHEN YOU WANT TO FIELDSTRIP THE GUN.

Personally I don't field strip my guns after every 50 rd box of ammo.

Also -lack of a manual slide lock doesn't compromise the function of the weapon.

Well, according to their own video, the push button safety thingy can be used to deactivate the striker, making the pistol "safe." Call it what you like, but it is, in fact, another thing that is both un-needed, and that can fail at the worst time. In the world of self defense equipment, simpler is usually better.

And the lack of a manual slide lock can, in fact, complicate recovery from certain more serious malfunctions. I understand why they didn't include one, but a low-profile version might have been better. JMHO.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Not a fan since I have the PM9, but I'm sure there's a market for it. Adjustable sights on a small gun like this is not a huge selling point in my opinion, but having it can't hurt (unless they vibrate loose constantly). Also seems as though you need a tool for pretty basic functions, not a fan of that at all.

If the price is right it'll be a contender for the Ruger LC9 and the PF9 but I'm not itching to trade my PM9 for one any time soon.

Administrator
    Did you actually watch the video?
    Probably not.

That feature is really intended to be used so that disassembly/ field stripping can be accomplished without having to pull the trigger al la GLOCK.

Its secondary function is that it can also be used as an optional safety.

Some times you folks type comments a bit too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    OD* likes this.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links