Amt Backup 45acp

Amt Backup 45acp

This is a discussion on Amt Backup 45acp within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just recently purchased a slide for a amt backup 45. I own two of these pistols and noticed this slide was made a little differently ...

Amt Backup 45acp

Just recently purchased a slide for a amt backup 45. I own two of these pistols and noticed
    this slide was made a little differently in that the length is a hair longer but also that the ejector
    slot in the newer slide is shorter. The ejector on the earlier frame won't clear the shorter slot.
    I'm wondering if grinding the ejector down to clear the slide will work without any complications.

Purchased 2 new mags for mine and had to dremel the top to shorten and also had to put a bend in the top of the rear of the mag. to match my original mag. Works just fine now. The replacement mags were straight and were too long to lock into the grip.

Hi, the part I'm interested in is a piece that protrudes from the left side of the frame and is a square piece of metal has a piece about 3/8's wide that
    points foward on the left side of the hammer. They call it the ejector. There is a groove in the left side of the slide next to the hammer where this
    piece fits.

Administrator
    Well, you have two choices.
    You can get a flat file of the correct width and that is "safe" on both sides & only cuts on the edge & deepen the ejector-run channel in the slide or you can modify the ejector.

I'm thinking that if the newer BACK-UPS are using the newer slide then their ejectors must be fitting the channel in the newer slide so...the ejector modification should be fine - everything else on the newer gun and the older model being equal.

You might want to make a quick phone call & talk to a tech to see if there is a suggested approach.

Try these phone numbers.

1 800 272 7816

1 713 462 4200

Thanks for the information

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Well, you have two choices.
    You can get a flat file of the correct width and that is "safe" on both sides & only cuts on the edge & deepen the ejector-run channel in the slide or you can modify the ejector.

I'm thinking that if the newer BACK-UPS are using the newer slide then their ejectors must be fitting the channel in the newer slide so...the ejector modification should be fine - everything else on the newer gun and the older model being equal.

You might want to make a quick phone call & talk to a tech to see if there is a suggested approach.

Try these phone numbers.

1 800 272 7816

1 713 462 4200
    Thankyou for the information. I think your right about the ejector modification. I'll give those numbers a call.

Links