Overrated Handguns - Page 7

Overrated Handguns

This is a discussion on Overrated Handguns within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by GLOCKJOCK I guess the over 65% of law enforcement that use Glocks to "serve and protect" are using over-rated guns??? I don't ...

View Poll Results: Whiich is the most overrated handgun manufacturer?

Voters
592. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kimber

213 35.98%
  • Sig Sauer

26 4.39%
  • Smith and Wesson

18 3.04%
  • Ruger

14 2.36%
  • Glock

173 29.22%
  • Springfield Armory

17 2.87%
  • Walther

10 1.69%
  • Colt

21 3.55%
  • Para Ordnance

17 2.87%
  • Beretta

12 2.03%
  • Kahr

29 4.90%
  • Browning

2 0.34%
  • CZ

4 0.68%
  • Steyr

1 0.17%
  • Rohrbaugh

20 3.38%
  • Other

15 2.53%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Overrated Handguns

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKJOCK View Post
    I guess the over 65% of law enforcement that use Glocks to "serve and protect" are using over-rated guns??? I don't think so. It must be a jealously thing! I can honestly say 13 years of using glocks as my service weapon, I have never had a problem. I can not say that for Springfield Armory, (the xds and xdm are unreliable). The Kimbers are for people that feel that they "need or think" they have the best. I am not saying Glocks are the best, but I trust my life with one. I have trained with them. Tried and true. I can not say that about any other gun manufacturer. They have been in rain, mud, snow, dropped, summer heat, winter cold, and they still go"BANG" EVERYTIME!!!. It just seems people that don't understand something, just would rather "knock" it!
    Ah yes Glock
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

This was sort of amusing for me. Im not new to firearms but I am new to firearm forums. Ive ridden motorcycles all my life too but im not new to motorcycle forums.

Ive owned Glocks as well as a lot of other pistols revolvers etc. Great guns, even though I cant shoot one accurately. They just dont fit my hand at all. But I like even though i dont buy em now cuz of that problem that is me not the gun.

Ive owned a bunch of different brands of motocycles also. Mostly cruisers and tourers including Harley. I love Harleys but truthfully Honda Yamaha Suzuki etc etc make just as good or a much better bike in similar class bikes.

What im sitting here actually chuckling at is that on motorcycle forums Harley owners almost to person will declare if you dont ride a Harley you dont ride a "real" bike.
    But I never thought of the possibility of the same attitude with pistols being on a forum about a particular brand of pistol.
    It just gives me a chuckle to see that Glock is the same to most that own them that Harley is to the folks who own them
    Ogre likes this.

I voted Glock, not because they're bad but because too many of their fans are of the opinion that "All guns should be Glocks". Same reason I feel Harley's are an overrated MC, they are good, but not every one fits them and their one style for everyone does not cut it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    I voted Glock, not because they're bad but because too many of their fans are of the opinion that "All guns should be Glocks". Same reason I feel Harley's are an overrated MC, they are good, but not every one fits them and their one style for everyone does not cut it for me.
    You mean the one that goes something like "All Guns should be Glocks, all Glocks should be 9mm, and all 9mm should be G19s"
    Spec likes this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I voted Kimber myself.

Not sure why so many people feel Glock is over rated....some haters just gonna hate. Jealousy I guess...that, and some people focus way to much on how "cool" their carry gun looks compared to Glocks.

Ruger would have been my #2 choice. Walther would be #3.

Kimber is just flat out impressed with it self. They look nice some even work. They are way over priced. I'm sure they have a arms contract or two some where. Glock On the other hand has guns for real in the field. They work every day. Hundreds and hundreds of LEO's count on them every min of every day. Along with the people they protect (us). There are others like Sig and Smith are in the same boot as Glock lives on the line.
    Kimbers are very overrated and mostly by kimber. If Glocks are over rated its because the people that use them along with sig and smith rate them very high. Are they as pretty as kimber? I don't know about any one else. I didn't buy my gun cause it was pretty or cool I got cause it works.
    If thats overrated then my Glock and M&P are over rated. And I can LIVE with that.
    R
    Last edited by Randall757; January 17th, 2013 at 10:27 PM.
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

My vote goes to Sig. Yeah, I know...Seals...blah, blah, blah. I used to carry one in my former life in law enforcement. I wasn't impressed.

I'm surprised Glock got so many votes! I've owned 9 Glocks from 9mm to .357 Sig to .45 ACP and not a single one has EVER had a failure of any kind. Hmmm...
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Sponsored Links