I want to give props

I want to give props

This is a discussion on I want to give props within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have always been skeptical of Kimbers based on negative reports. I've read many positives as well but was skeptical. I recently bought a Stainless ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to give props

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

I want to give props

I have always been skeptical of Kimbers based on negative reports. I've read many positives as well but was skeptical.

I recently bought a Stainless Target II in 10mm because I wanted a full size 10mm 1911. Took it out today for first time and I am giving this gun the props it is due. I was shooting 180 grain FMJ Atlanta Arms (200 rounds) and threw in 50 180 grain Double Tap rounds to finish the session. I left there smiling ear to ear. I used the factory 10mm mag and two Dan Wesson 45acp mags (yes, it works). I had one nosedive with the factory mag and no issues with the 45 mags. POI was POA. I couldn't be more pleased with this gun.

I will not be cleaning it. I want to abuse this thing as long as I can to see what it can do. I want to change my own mind about Kimber. It is strictly a range gun and it will see much time in that role.

I have already posted pics of it elsewhere, and won't be posting any here. Just image a dirty girl laying on her side after a good day.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Happy you are enjoying your new tool!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

So far so good Hiram. It's a test in progress.

That is good to hear. Part of me wishes more guns were perfection but they just aren't. I really do hope your Kimber/1911 adventures go good for you. One of my goals is to one day get my hands on a nice reliable 1911.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Joker I have 5 1911s that are ultra reliable. 2 Colts, 2 Dan Wessons and the Kimber(so far). Either of those I feel are great choices.

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    Joker I have 5 1911s that are ultra reliable. 2 Colts, 2 Dan Wessons and the Kimber(so far). Either of those I feel are great choices.

I will keep that in mind, thanks! I don't mean to knock 1911's, the two I inherited need a lot of TLC.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

you have become such a 10mm junky.....does your mother know you have foresaken the "Lords Round.....45ACP"?
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    you have become such a 10mm junky.....does your mother know you have foresaken the "Lords Round.....45ACP"?
    Lol. Momma just knows we have guns. I'm actually carrying a 45 everyday. DW CCO. (ran 75 HSTs through it today as well). Until the Fusion gets here. Probably selling the G29.

10mm is just so much fun to shoot and frankly the 45 doesn't hold a candle to it ballistically.

And you know I'm a recoil junkie. :)

Deadguy,

Like you I have been un-sure about Kimber. Mainly do to the Price. I have yet to Purchase one to add to my 1911 collection.
    Im a big fan of Para's. the hawg being my favorite. What I did purchase and are completely impressed with is the American Classic II 1911 .45 ACP
    I bought this gun from BKARMS for under $450.00 Sorry for getting off Kimber Subject. My question to you, Is the Kimber 10 mm worth the price. can it live up to its name? Please continue to post on the outcome of your testing will base my Purchase on your trial, and errors with the Kimber Product. Thanks
    NRA Life Member
    USCCA Member
    Scope Member
    New York permit
    Pennsylvania Permit
    Florida Permit

I was hoping after your numerous liquidations, you'd finally offer up an account of you new ****. Nice going. I was ready to update my stable to include a .45, but I bought 62 pounds of 5.56 instead. The damn GOP convention convenes literally .6 mile from my house here shortly.......

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    I was hoping after your numerous liquidations, you'd finally offer up an account of you new ****. Nice going. I was ready to update my stable to include a .45, but I bought 62 pounds of 5.56 instead. The damn GOP convention convenes literally .6 mile from my house here shortly.......

well, that made little sense????

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    well, that made little sense????
    It made sense to me. I've sold off "several" handguns to build up a 1911 collection and haven't really given many range reports. There's nothing to report other than alot of ragged holes in the ten ring and alot of money spent on ammo.

The 1975 Colt Lwt Commander is a dream to hold and shoot by the way.

Trophy,

I can't recommend a Kimber over any other brand YET but I am happy with this one so far. For under $1000, it is, IMO a great value for a range-only 10mm with a 5" barrel. You won't find one NIB anywhere else at that price level. Kimber is in a class by itself in that regard.

Honestly, the only guns I can 100% recommend are the specific ones I own. They are all reliable. If I sell one and say it's a good gun, you can purchase with confidence. Otherwise, recommending a gun BRAND is Ailey based on one's personal firearm and the opinions of others.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    Deadguy

I wasn't referring to your original post... I am a Kimber fan myself (although I just have one old 1997 compact model). I was just a bit "confused" about the content of Mr Yankeejib's post. I may need to put away the bottle of cheap tequila and go to bed for the night

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    Deadguy

I wasn't referring to your original post... I am a Kimber fan myself (although I just have one old 1997 compact model). I was just a bit "confused" about the content of Mr Yankeejib's post. I may need to put away the bottle of cheap tequila and go to bed for the night
    Lol. Cheap tequila can do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links