Pocket Carry a Sig P238?

This is a discussion on Pocket Carry a Sig P238? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; completely covers safety although as you know the safety is not easy to unlock as it is so i wouldnt worry about a thing.Congratz on ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Pocket Carry a Sig P238?

completely covers safety although as you know the safety is not easy to unlock as it is so i wouldnt worry about a thing.Congratz on your new .380 I carry mine as a PRIMARY gun and have gotten rid of my beretta px4 storm SC because since i got this sig it has been taking up space in my drawer.
    I have yet to be attacked by a block of ballistic gelatin but.........

2. Remove Ads

I was a skeptic when it was released... but I have a rosewood model now, and I carry on my belt, in my pocket, etc. I use a cheapo uncle mikes pocket holster.

I can hit a nats butt with it from 10 yards too :)
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

I just took a look at sigs website and they have a leather pocket holster for it for $25. I might give it a go if I can't find one I like locally are through one of our vendors.

P238 Leather Pocket Holster

LMAO!! I would say thats pretty accurate shooting, Footslogger.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

Thanks Cattus Vir and defensive007. I will have to compare both holsters. Either one looks like it would do the job

The only reason I don't carry a p238 is because I carry a colt government .380.
    I use a leather back pocket holster and carry cock and locked. I have carry this steel pistol like this for over 5 years with no accidents or screw ups.
    I just use a good belt to hold up my pants. :)
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

I have a rosewood model, I pocket and IWB carry with no qualms or issues. To warm up to pocket carrying cocked and locked (in a holster obviously) I carried it for a two weeks, empty chamber, cocked and without the safety on. Even in that state it never "fired" on me, so it'd have to be quite the perfect storm of circumstances for the safety to come off and the trigger to engage.

I want to caveat that by saying, I'm not stating it's safe to carry cocked and not locked. I merely did this ON AN EMPTY CHAMBER as an acid test.

Thanks for that info DarthPete. Accidental discharge was my other concern about carrying the P238 because of its single action set up. From what I've read at other sites, it seems like it would be very unlikely for the Sig to disengage its safety AND fire while in a holster. Most people claim the safety is pretty strong.

BK
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattus Vir View Post
    I just took a look at sigs website and they have a leather pocket holster for it for $25. I might give it a go if I can't find one I like locally are through one of our vendors.

P238 Leather Pocket Holster

That sig pocket holster came with my P238 and I won't use it because it's just too big, thick, and bulky. In my opinion, it's really only useful in a cargo pocket. Unless you have enormous pockets it looks like you have a book in your pocket. After trying it once or twice I went and spent $12 on a Blackhawk pocket holster and it's much more comfortable to carry and doesn't stand out near as bad.
    Cattus Vir likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BK View Post
    That sig pocket holster came with my P238 and I won't use it because it's just too big, thick, and bulky. In my opinion, it's really only useful in a cargo pocket. Unless you have enormous pockets it looks like you have a book in your pocket. After trying it once or twice I went and spent $12 on a Blackhawk pocket holster and it's much more comfortable to carry and doesn't stand out near as bad.

Thanks BK, that will save me $25 plus shipping. I have managed to find a couple of pocket holsters at stores near me gonna go have a look and see what available.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    when I had a p238 I always pocket carried. I found it to be quite easy to conceal in just about any shorts/jeans. I also put it in my coat pocket during the winter.

Old Post but I likes the acid test without the safety no round in the chamber. PPL forget when you carry a double action is ready to fire. The trigger is the only safety. The single you have a safety and the trigger :) Beautiful guns these 380.

I liked the 238 so much I bought two of them. I have a pocket holster, an IWB and an OWB holster and all work great carrying cocked and locked.

What holster? Remora? I'm thinking of a Sig 238 just for the beauti. I have 2 Black Mustangs. I'm gonna wait and see if there any price change first when the Colts come out.

The Sig 238 is great and it feels good even after a 100 rounds. Cant say that about my P3AT. He is a pic with my Desantis Sof-Tuck 106 IWB holster. I lost 10 lbs and it fits great, which is motivation to not put it back on. I also pocket carry in a holster that has a flat front attached (so no pic) so eliminates any printing.
    I carry with one in the pipe, hammer back and safety on. My love handles aren’t going to drop the safety and the trigger is completely covered by my holster even if for some strange reason the safety was disengaged (I know… picture is not condition 1). I bought some red .380 snap caps and practiced the draw and safety drop at the same time till it is second nature. I feel very secure in this set-up. Recommend the extended mags (7+1).
    Sig P238 in DeSantis Sof-Tuck Holster.jpg
    Carry: Sig P238
    Home: Stoeger Couger 8000F 9mm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links