Pocket Carry a Sig P238?

This is a discussion on Pocket Carry a Sig P238? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Carry the P238 daily in dress pants + blazer in the 25$ Sig leather holster mentioned above, which covers the safety. Works great for me....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Pocket Carry a Sig P238?

Carry the P238 daily in dress pants + blazer in the 25$ Sig leather holster mentioned above, which covers the safety. Works great for me.
    In principle, principle and practice are the same, but in practice, they're not.

2. Remove Ads

Avoid carrying a Cocked pistol, period! Get a IWB or OWB holster.

Here is one of my favorites from Beer Creek Holsters:

Front Pocket, Back (Wallet) Pocket, IWB, OWB Leather Handcrafted, Hand-stitched Holsters|Bear Creek Metal Works, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Rhcmlc View Post
    I'm going to purchase a .380 pistol which I intend to pocket carry in a holster but needed some advice. I know about the LCP and the P3AT but I've narrowed my personal choice to either the Sig P238 or the Smith and Wesson Bodyguard 380. How easy is it to pocket carry the Sig? I know the BG 380 is pretty small and light but I would like input from anyone who has ever pocket carried a Sig P238. Is the P238 too heavy or bulky? Any input is greatly appreciated.

I personally would not feel comfortable pocket carrying a SA pistol with a safety in my pocket.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I carry mine every day using one of two holsters for pocket carry.
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I pocket carried my wife's P238 frequently in a good nylon holster that covered the safety. Most frequently, I carried it in a lower pocket on cargo pants/shorts. It also fit nicely in my dress chinos. I also carried it IWB in an Uncle Mike's nylon with belt hook. Very comfortable carry...

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhcmlc View Post
    Thanks for that info DarthPete. Accidental discharge was my other concern about carrying the P238 because of its single action set up. From what I've read at other sites, it seems like it would be very unlikely for the Sig to disengage its safety AND fire while in a holster. Most people claim the safety is pretty strong.
    The P238 requires an incredible level of stupidity to have an AD with. The gun can be loaded, unloaded, and cleared with the safety on. Cock the hammer, put the safety on, and you can do the entire manual of arms. It is one of the features that sold me on the gun for my wife.

Fitch
    jccash likes this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Couldn't agree more Fitch; carry mine in several positions, depending on dress, with no worries!

I do once in a while in its Remora but I rarely wear anything with pockets big enough.

Pocket Carry a Sig P238?

The P238 is a fine gun and easy to conceal. I pocket carry most of the time. Here are some pictures of my Guru Dave holster with a fake zipper top.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360420210.832450.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360420228.598009.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360420255.414626.jpg
    I feel like a BG encounter will most likely be one wanting my billfold with credit cards and money so he probably won't think too much about me reaching in my hip pocket to give it to him;)

Quote Originally Posted by zeke4351 View Post
    The P238 is a fine gun and easy to conceal. I pocket carry most of the time. Here are some pictures of my Guru Dave holster with a fake zipper top.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360420210.832450.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360420228.598009.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360420255.414626.jpg
    I feel like a BG encounter will most likely be one wanting my billfold with credit cards and money so he probably won't think too much about me reaching in my hip pocket to give it to him;)
    Would you post the web site where we can order a holster like your Guru Dave for the P238. Thanks,
    Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links