Kool-Aid

This is a discussion on Kool-Aid within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well guys, I finally decided to drink the Kool-Aid. My FNP-45 had been giving me some problems. The first few times it went to the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Kool-Aid

Kool-Aid

Well guys, I finally decided to drink the Kool-Aid. My FNP-45 had been giving me some problems. The first few times it went to the range, rounds kept jamming in the chamber. The nose of the round would get caught on the top of the chamber. It did it with multiple brands of ammo. If you ever racked the slide and rode it forward with your hand, it would do the same thing. I also didn't care for the safety/decocker, trigger, and overall feel of the gun. I only bought it because I got such a good deal on it. The last time at the range, it still continued to jam, even worse than before (somewhere between 500 and 700 rounds). I called FN CS and they wanted me to send them the gun. They estimated anywhere from a month to two for them to look at it. It wouldn't really be a problem since the gun isn't carried often and I have others. I also read over on the FN forums that CS has gone down since the main CS guy left the company.

I made the mistake of going into a pawn shop to browse. I brought the FN with me just to see how much they would give me. They offered $450 and I took it. I think I paid right at $500 for the gun with shipping and transfer fee, so I didn't do so bad.

I've got a Glock 30 on the way. This will be my first Glock, but it will be nice to have something that I can trust for defense and "just works". I couldn't think of any other 45 compact handgun the same size as the G30 that would be good at the range and for CC. It should be here next week.

I'm already thinking about trading my XD-9 for a Glock 19.

2. Remove Ads

Tom Servo and Crow T. Robot approve.

766584098_D7pPz-M.jpg

Your eyes have opened and you are seeing the light. I know nothing of the FNP line of pistols but I do know my GLOCK 19 and 26 are flawless. I hope to add a GLOCK 30SF to the fold soon. GLOCK pistols are no nonsense, hard working, and reliable. They are kinda like Wolverine, the best there is at what they do.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Don't assume that just because it's a Glock that you can trust it and it 'just works', make that determination after some range time. No gun is perfect, I don't care what their advertising is. There are lots of guns you can trust by lots of manufacturers, there are also some lemons from each one.

Congrats on the new gun, I hope it's 'the one'.

As far as trading the XD for a G19, why? Are you having issues with the XD? Sounds like a waste of money, but I guess it's a personal decision. Just curious as to the reasoning there. Gen4's have been a big disappointment, even to the hard core Kool Aid drinkers.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Your eyes have opened and you are seeing the light. I know nothing of the FNP line of pistols but I do know my GLOCK 19 and 26 are flawless. I hope to add a GLOCK 30SF to the fold soon. GLOCK pistols are no nonsense, hard working, and reliable. They are kinda like Wolverine, the best there is at what they do.
    Joker, you've been dreaming of the G30 for too long now - time to go get it! (Tell Mrs. Joker that it's my fault and I tricked you into it).

Mattwestm - Congrats. I hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed mine. I found that if you spend some time with it, you'll be amazed at the accuracy you can get.
    joker1 likes this.

You will not be dissappointed! I have a G26 and had 0 issues! You are in trouble now though. Glocks are like Lays, you can't eat just one!

Glocks = just O.K... Old, dreary, plain Jane, striker fired, mags are terrible, no resale value, dime-a-dozen, etc, etc... Why would you trade one gun for virtually the same thing makes no sense at all?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Don't assume that just because it's a Glock that you can trust it and it 'just works', make that determination after some range time. No gun is perfect, I don't care what their advertising is. There are lots of guns you can trust by lots of manufacturers, there are also some lemons from each one.

Congrats on the new gun, I hope it's 'the one'.

As far as trading the XD for a G19, why? Are you having issues with the XD? Sounds like a waste of money, but I guess it's a personal decision. Just curious as to the reasoning there. Gen4's have been a big disappointment, even to the hard core Kool Aid drinkers.
    I used to be pretty anti-glock, but the gen3 models are very reliable.

I really enjoy my XD. However, as a CC gun, it's not quite as good as a Glock 19. The grip is a bit taller, same with the length. I believe the XD weighs a bit more. I've thought about picking up a XD9SC, but I'm not really a fan of the SC line. They feel bigger and taller than they need to be or something.... It's hard to explain lol. I also thought about trading it for a CZ P-07 to match my 75B, but the P-07s have had some issues.

I love my XDM 9 Compact and CZ P-01, I trust them both with my life... not sure why I have both as they serve similar purposes but I guess being a gun forum I don't have to justify it, right? :)

Get what you like to shoot... was just curious is all.

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    matt,
    I think that's the big selling point of the Glocks, "they just work".

Jungle Work
    Graduate: University of South Vietnam-
    School of Jungle Warfare

CURRAHEE My Brothers In Blood

Perfection................
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Congratulations on finding the world's most generous pawn shop!

I have drank the snub nosed revolver koolaid and the glocks haven't been out of the safe in a while. I own a G29, you will really like carrying that G30. Great purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by mythree View Post
    Glocks = just O.K... Old, dreary, plain Jane, striker fired, mags are terrible, no resale value, dime-a-dozen, etc, etc... Why would you trade one gun for virtually the same thing makes no sense at all?

Oh my....5000 comedians out of work and here we have one on DC giving an audition...I can't stop laughing!!! (j/k)

Congrats on your Glock purchase...Enjoy the comfort of knowing it will go bang when you need it!!!
    QKShooter likes this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

sorry about the FNP, have fun with the new Glock!. im a big SIG guy, but im looking to add a Glock 19 to my list.
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links