1911 carry question

This is a discussion on 1911 carry question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Keep this in mind. We had straps on duty holsters on the police dept for our sidearms for these two main reasons. 1st reason was ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 1911 carry question

Keep this in mind. We had straps on duty holsters on the police dept for our sidearms for these two main reasons. 1st reason was to help maintain control of ur weapon if u got into a fight with someone and it helped keep them from getting control of ur firearm but thats not foolproof and 2nd reason keep from losing ur weapon if u was chasing someone so that it does not jump out of ur holster as ur running.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I don't typically peddle my own videos on this sight but I everything you're being told about the 1911 is pure and complete bull crap..

Watch the above video especially around the 4 minute mark on which specifically goes in to "cocked and locked" carry and why it is safe (I go into EXTREME, broken down detail so there is no lingering question) including why you shouldn't have to worry about your hammer falling.. I won't retype what the video says because it would just take too darned long. After you watch it, go back to these guys who've been telling you all this crap and stick your tongue out at them for me.

That being said, for concealed carry of 1911s I only carry open top... have been since the moment I got my CCW permit about two weeks after I turned 21.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    I asked how that could happen without the grip safety being depressed and the trigger pulled. "It happens all the time, why do you think the police and military don't use these kind of guns any more." He did offer to sell me a much better gun that was much safer and better quality, "the Glocks are right over here". I laughed and said hey that is the gun that the DEA guy shot himself in the leg with in the classroom when he was putting it i the holster.
    The police and military still do use a 1911 platfrom. Not as many as there used to be, but LAPD SIS and SWAT use Kimbers as well as a few jobs in NY.

BTW, the DEA agent who shot himself in the leg was a tool. Glocks are completely safe to carry.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links