Defensive Carry banner

New Kimber

3K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  TXOutfitter 
#1 ·
I guess it never ends.....after the new wears off a pistol, I start thinking about what I want next. I've had the "hots" lately for another 1911 and found a deal at my LGS yesterday that I just couldn't pass up.....Kimber Pro Carry HD ll. After 12 quick shots at 10 yds just to make sure I liked the way it shot as well as the way it felt, the deal was done. Now it's holsters, magazines, grips, etc......it never ends! Oh well, I guess that's just part of the Addiction!!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Didn't have much time yesterday so went back to range this morning to shoot my carry ammo to make sure pistol and magazines would work well with my Double Tap Ammo......bought a couple of Wilson Combat 8 rd & one 10 rd mags. As with all my DT ammo, they were extremely accurate and cycled well with the Wilson Mags, as well as the factory Kimber mags. Shot 50 rounds DT and most of a 100 round box of WW fmj without a "hiccup" one! Easy to shoot....nice trigger.....I'm very pleased with this pistol!

#8 ·
:para: One can never have too many firearms. Wise choice buying a Kimber. :22a: I worked out a plan on always getting new guns !! As long as my wife smokes cigaretts, I match the amount of money it costs her for her habit, to supplement my habit, gun buying !! Works out GREAT, at $36.00 a carton. :Winner2:

#10 ·
Congrats on the purchase! Throw some crimsons on that bad boy!

Whenever I pick of a new 1911 I have a habit of adding a magwell and changing the grips.

#12 ·
I imagine CT grips won't be too far off....I put my first pair on my p239 last month and sure like them.....all my carry pistols will probably have them soon!

#21 ·
... Now it's holsters, magazines, grips, etc......it never ends! Oh well, I guess that's just part of the Addiction!!
Yes, buying the gun is usually the least expensive part of the relationship. By the time you have all the other stuff, it will easily double if not triple the acquisition costs.

#23 ·
Congrats on the new pistol. She sure is purdy!

You don't happen to drive a truck up and down 288 every once in a while do you? I've seen a moroon (I think) truck a few times that the back windshield has something on it similiar to your forum name here.

#24 ·
#26 ·
Picked up my Pro Carry HD ll from Benny Hill yesterday afternoon.....shot it this morning and all I can say is "WOW!" It shot good before but is a whole lot easier to shoot well now.....he worked over the trigger and action and put on an S & A Mag Guide and Black Ergo Grips! Trigger is at a sweet 3.2 lbs! Please forgive the poorly lighted Iphone pics! Unless it's deer I'm taking pics of, I'm not much of a photographer!

Attachments

#28 ·
The Pro HD is the pick of the litter for lots of shooting. Congrats! You don't need to divorce your other guns if they become safe queens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.